Simple black tower case for floor HTPC build.

GuyClinch

Gawd
My HPTC works pretty well..

But I been thinking I want to switch to a tower case for USB 3.0 and to pack in more Hard Drives and give me easier access to the internals. Plus honestly this current motherboard I have seems flaky. It will be on a hardwood floor next to my rack instead of in it like now.

I'd like easy access to the dust filters (something I hate about my Silverstone GD04 case) you had to get inside your case to clean the filters - and my case in inside a rack. So basically you have to take the whole case apart to clean it out.

I'd also need pretty good cooling (I am only running a 5770 but my Ceton tuner runs hot - and I will probably switch to a bigger video card). I am using a 1156 motherboard with an
i5-750.

I'd like something around a 75-150 bucks but I wouldn't be opposing to spending more if it was a real good case. I been thinking about the Lian Li 9F..but I am open to ideas.

How about the Fractal Design Define R3?

Slick looks, easy access to filters, 8x 3.5" bays and comes in 4 colors.

Just keep in mind that virtually every case available today uses a passthrough cable for USB 3.0. If you're not in a rush, you should wait for more cases with internal 20-pin USB 3.0 connectors to become available.

Back