Simple kit for testing purposes?

mrgulabull

Limp Gawd
A friend of mine owns a small company that manufactures thermal pastes/pads/foil. He recently contacted me, asking me to build a water cooled system he can use for testing purposes.

Ideally he is looking for something that will be easy to install and remove quite often. Performance of the watercooling system doesn't seem to be crucial as he isn't looking for the lowest temps possible, only a variance of temps between his various products.

So far I'm leaning towards a Koolance setup for the simple all in one design, and I'm sure he will like the fact that it has the built in temp display. However, I really am not a fan of the Koolance waterblocks or the skinny 1/4" tubing. Perhaps Koolance offers 3/8", I didn't look to hard yet.

Assuming I choose Koolance for the base of the system, can you guys reccommend a waterblock (AMD/Intel, doesnt matter) that foremost will be easy to install and uninstall quite often and provides decent performance?

Thanks for your time. :)

well... I am told by the folks at cool-cases-usa.com that they sold 10 of THESE to Nvidia for testing purposes in thier lab. When it comes to testing it is all about consistency.

jman1 said:
well... I am told by the folks at cool-cases-usa.com that they sold 10 of THESE to Nvidia for testing purposes in thier lab. When it comes to testing it is all about consistency.

Yes, by all means let's recommend a kit with tech that's 4 years old. o_O

You'd be better served by getting kits with either the D.D. TDX or the APEX kits by Swiftech.

Back