Sisoft Sandra error I can't find any info on.

ProOC

Limp Gawd
when I try to run my memory bandwidth benchmark in the new sisoftware sandra lite version 2007.2.11.17 I get an error "windows is out of memory or resources. close down some applications." and I definitely have a bunch of free memory. I am running this test under windows vista.

Now, I am running an evga 680i board with an e6600 and 2gb of super talent ram. I am oc'ed to 3.0ghz. This test ran fine when I wasn't oc'ed this high. BUT everything else runs fine. This machine never even as much as hiccups on anything else at this speed, this is the only thing i've seen that might be related to the OC. Anyone have any idea on this?

hmm, well the exact same version runs fine on my XP-64 SP2 machine and I even ran the memory benchmarks again just to make sure.

So regarding Vista does it not have all kinds of memory optimizations? New memory usage features ? I cant remember all the BS marketing buzz names. But I would guess some of that stuff is giving Sandra heartburn. Or when Sandra tries to grab a big bunch of free memory Vista thinks its a virus for all I know. Anywho its software related I am sure. Sandra probally be fixed in a month or two. Maybe there are options to turn off some of Vistas memory tricks, dont know.

so if you real quick drop your timings back near stock it will run ?

Yeah it works fine if I lower my OC a bit, but it's just wierd that everything else at 3.0ghz runs fine including other memory stressing apps and benchmarks. I guess I could do some memtest, forgot all about that. :)

Back