Six generations of cards in one benchmark

fattypants

2[H]4U
This is a fun read if anyone's interested. Well, as fun of a read as a bunch of bars and numbers can be anyway.

Link

I thought it was interesting. I like the last pic though, you can see how the cards evolved to be ginormous.

pretty interesting.. surprised the x800 played any of those games and actually surprised by the scores the 2900XT got even though it was a power hungry beast..

Lol I had most of the cards they reviewed sans the 5870 which I will be getting soon. Just so damn funny how I always get the best deals with ATi when I am upgrading.

I also remember when the 9700 came out and smacked Nvidia a new one. I'm gettin old too I guess. I have to admit I was an Nvidia guy until this generation though. Now I'm lookin for a 5870 deal :D

Its interesting to see how well the 2900XT held up, considering how much hate it received because of poor heat, power consumption, and cost/performance ratio.

It was too future oriented to have good performance vs. the competition at launch so it got a bad rap. AMD has appeared to take a much more balanced approach since the 4xxx series which IMO is a good thing, since by virtue of die shrinks alone future generations will tend to be much faster than older cards.

I want to see how the older nvidia cards hold up, nvidia is well known for releasing cheat drivers that make the newer cards look good at the cost of older cards.

Its interesting to see how well the 2900XT held up, considering how much hate it received because of poor heat, power consumption, and cost/performance ratio.

I think that's same boat the GTX 480 will be in. :)

But damn do I love my 480 despite all that other stuff. I used to be an nVidia guy until I got my 5870...and then promptly returned to nVidia, lol.

Back