Skt 939 4000+ $39.99 + ship @ egg...

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 89W Single-Core Processor - OEM

You can usually get a DUALCORE CPU for this sort of price, if not a scrap more. Ice cold deal.

If anyone is going to get a Socket 939 CPU, for whatever reason, please get a dual-core one!

Yeah the OEM X2's for socket 939 WERE this price, but they seem to have run out. I cannot find any on any of the most common sites... They went pretty fast I think. Glad I got that 4200+ X2 when I did...

Take a look on the 'egg and that is the only s939 left. Buh bye s939. Seems you you can get s754 and socket A easier than s939 anymore.

it's because 939 was killed before its time, and frankly, for a lot of people 939 can still handle everything.

i mean yeah, my core2 is sweet, but my 939 former main rig is my media pc and plays all kinds of games on my plasma screen without a hiccup, basically same specs i use on my main rig minus the core2 and ddr2.

though that being said this current difficulty finding dual core processors at a non retarded price is annoying, since i would like to get one last dual core ddr1 system up in my folding/rendering setup

god damn, what the heck do i have to do to get a a64 x2 s939?!?!#@$

alright you two, when I get home tonite and get a chance to see what the highest speed proc the mobo takes, ill pm you. thanks. it will be for foldings sake. and for mame

Dual-core socket 939 chips are like Athlon64 3X00+ socket 754 chips, pure gold.

i remember paying 299.99 for this.

i'm still using it, and it's running strong at 2.85ghz.

i'm satisfied :)

it's because 939 was killed before its time, and frankly, for a lot of people 939 can still handle everything.

i mean yeah, my core2 is sweet, but my 939 former main rig is my media pc and plays all kinds of games on my plasma screen without a hiccup, basically same specs i use on my main rig minus the core2 and ddr2.

though that being said this current difficulty finding dual core processors at a non retarded price is annoying, since i would like to get one last dual core ddr1 system up in my folding/rendering setup

Ain't that the truth, and it's why I switched to Intel. Had AMD not created a situation where I had to buy a new MB, and Ram to upgrade, I would have stuck with AMD, but I felt that if I was going to have to change platforms, I might as well go with Core2.

Anyone know what a 939 x2 4800+ is worth these days? I have one in my colo box and have been itching to upgrde to a q6600.

Anyone know what a 939 x2 4800+ is worth these days? I have one in my colo box and have been itching to upgrde to a q6600.

weigh it, then look up the price of gold/pound, and multiply...

I could fund half a C2D upgrade by selling the 4200+, then buy one of these 4000+ to fill the board for a nice spare

I might pick this up since my 3700+ 2.2Ghz just seems too old. It was thee shiznit back in it's time.

Would there be a reasonable increase in performance? Or should I refrain from picking on of these up?

shitty though, about 2 years ago I payed $220 on sale for the 3700+ and now it's uber cheap if it's even sold anymore.

I'm sad to see s939 dying. why did that have to be the prominent choice when I was building 2 new computers ~2 years ago? lame.

The 4800+ X2 939 is EXTREMELY expensive. I just recently sold my 4600+ X2 for 170$ on ebay. IT funded my motherboard.. and my 4G of ram. I also sold 2G kit of DDR1 (Patriot PC4000) for 120$ on ebay as well. So to pay for my upgrade to my Q6600 (250$ at the time) I only paid about 130$ for mobo, ram, and proc. I would say SELL THAT 4800+ ASAP before it becomes worth nothing. Check Ebay and search for "Completed listings" just to get an idea of how much they are selling for at this very moment. Once you do though, you'll be driving to the colo to yank that thing out instantaneously.

Have fun with your new Q6600. ;o)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, the 3800+ X2 I have is ebaying for $120 shipped with buy it now regularly :eek: . Maybe I'll sell it instead of upgrading the older rig I was about to put it into... it's still brand new :D.
I'll sell my 3800+ for $75 right now. It oc's to 2.7 stable
PM me :)

jesus christ on a cracker, im not paying these kinds of rediculous prices. at this rate, i may just be better off putting a whole new system together. bah

jesus christ on a cracker, im not paying these kinds of rediculous prices. at this rate, i may just be better off putting a whole new system together. bah

Yeah.. pretty ridiculous when you can buy a E4500+mobo+2G of ram for the price of a 4600+ on ebay. Hell.. you can buy a E6550 + mobo + ram for the price of one 4800+ X2.

My parents were having problems with the computer I built them. Mom has been doing the whole "digital scrapbooking" thing, and with 512M of ram in windows XP, running Adobe Elements, imageready, and other apps at the same time was bogging it down. I told her she could either spend 100$ on 2G of PC3200 DDR1.. OR.. spend 150$ for a mobo+processor+ 2G of ram. She was going to do the full upgrade, but then I saw a deal at Fry's for 2G of PC3200 for 79.99 + 30$ MIR... so she just went with that. :eek:/

The pricess of DDR1 will only get worse too. Pewp

I've seen 1GB of PC3200 for 30 bucks (give or take) without rebate. It's high, but it's not awful.

Neverhteless, I'd be hard pressed to recommend upgrading an old Athlon.....unless I'm selling you some of my old equipment...the clearly you're better off upgrading your current rig ;)

I have a S939 3200+ (Venice) that I wonder would have any worth on EBay. I haven't checked yet, but does anyone know off hand?

Back