SL: Growl and iStat

brentsg

[H]ard|Gawd
So the exciting CNET article claims these are broken in Snow Leopard but they appear to be working just fine for me. Anyone having problems?

I must say that I have not seen an issue with iStat Pro but then again that is the only thing that I use, I don't use iStat Menus anymore because I like my menu bar to stay clean, and I don't know what Growl is so I can't really help you there, I am still relatively new to OS X, so that would be why. But from what I have heard Growl does not work on Snow Leopard.

growl works for me fine... i did an upgrade and didn't do clean install

There's a lot of misinformation going around.

Growl 1.1.6 works in Snow Leopard as a 32-bit instance. Meaning, it will work, but it'll lag a little as Snow Leopard translates it. There's a Growl 1.2 beta floating around that has full Snow Leopard compatibility, but you can use Growl 1.1.6 right now and it'll work fine.

iStat Menus 1.3 does NOT work in Snow Leopard, but there's a beta for iStat Menus 2.0 in progress, and it apparently works just fine.

There's a lot of misinformation going around.

Growl 1.1.6 works in Snow Leopard as a 32-bit instance. Meaning, it will work, but it'll lag a little as Snow Leopard translates it. There's a Growl 1.2 beta floating around that has full Snow Leopard compatibility, but you can use Growl 1.1.6 right now and it'll work fine.

iStat Menus 1.3 does NOT work in Snow Leopard, but there's a beta for iStat Menus 2.0 in progress, and it apparently works just fine.

oh yeah i got 1.2b and it works fine. no problems with it. and here it is:

http://code.google.com/p/growl/downloads/list

Got iStat 2.0 Build 114 and Growl 1.2b working perfectly fine on my machine.

Back