Slarti wants his Guilty Gear!

Slartibartfast

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been doing a little digging lately, and hopefully Majesco will grant us GG X2 Slash later this summer. According to gamefly, it will be available on 7/31/07:

http://www.gamefly.com/products/sea...sh&pf=&sub=1&sb=mostpop&spsrch.x=0&spsrch.y=0

I'm also psyched for Accent Core on the Wii. I remember reading somewhere it would be playable with new Wii controls, or for the purists you can use the classic controller. With the Wii being region-free, I may end-up importing that one. Hopefully I won't have to, as gamefly lists accent core as being available on 7/30/07

http://www.gamefly.com/products/search.asp?k=accent+core&pf=&sub=1&sb=mostpop&spsrch.x=0&spsrch.y=0

But, if US releases really are that soon, I would imagine somebody else would be reporting it.

Anybody have any news?

accent core for the ps2 was released in japan with a bunch of glitches and bugs. it was so bad that the publisher has a .pdf page apologizing for how bad the game is. i don't see why they would release X2 slash now and see it as a smarter move to release accent core for the ps2. the wii is NOT region free btw so be careful with that one. as for the us release dates, there is no info so i don't know where gamefly is getting their dates...

I dont think the Wii is region free so you might want to not jump the gun with that one.

yeah it sucks how XX slash wasnt released here.. good thing i imported it. Ino is by far the worst almost last boss ever.

yeah it sucks how XX slash wasnt released here.. good thing i imported it. Ino is by far the worst almost last boss ever.

My friend just got his copy the other day... tons O fun :D ... seems like almost every character is a lot better now.

Slarty-Bart-Fast

Slartibartfast is a character from Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, who worked in the planet building industry that created Earth.

Good book, btw. You should read it. You can pick up The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on paperback pretty cheap, and it contains the rest of the books as well.

Yup ^

I would import Slash but money is tight right now, I keep hoping they'll bring it over and price it reasonably.

I've heard from people in the know that Accent Core is in fact going to come out here in the US on the PS2, it's the only thing that's stopped me from importing Slash.

You know, I'm a fighting game fanatic, but I never really got into those games. I'm not sure why, but they didn't do it for me. I think I just lost touch with things once air combos really got integrated into the Capcom games.
Seems there's a big community for these, yes? Just curious - what's the appeal? I really haven't played them enough to have more than a passing opinion.

yea idk why you'd import slash when you could import accent core (when its fixed at least). i like guilty gear over the capcom stuff for the better looking sprites and just crazy characters. the music also rocks.

You know, I'm a fighting game fanatic, but I never really got into those games. I'm not sure why, but they didn't do it for me. I think I just lost touch with things once air combos really got integrated into the Capcom games.
Seems there's a big community for these, yes? Just curious - what's the appeal? I really haven't played them enough to have more than a passing opinion.

I kind of think of GG as Marvel vs Capcom done right. It's much more balanced but is more frantic than Third Strike. I also love the characters, they're so colorful and entertaining. The music rocks, too. Air combos are much harder to land in GG than in MvC 2, so they play a smaller role.

I kind of think of GG as Marvel vs Capcom done right. It's much more balanced but is more frantic than Third Strike. I also love the characters, they're so colorful and entertaining. The music rocks, too. Air combos are much harder to land in GG than in MvC 2, so they play a smaller role.

it's also a one of the most balanced fighting games.

I consider anything GGX to be the ultimate 2d fighting experience.

Back