SLI 7800GTX's plus PCI GPU - problems?

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
I've got a SLI 7800GTX setup and am now working on putting a 6" LCD screen onto an external watercooling box. If i were to put a Geforce MX4000 PCI video card in my rig (just to display system information on the 6" LCD), would run into any conflicts? I've seen plenty of people with multiple video cards in their rigs, but i don't think i've seen anyone with a SLI setup and then an additional card. Just wondering if there is going to be any problems here.

It should work ok. Although I have heard of people having problems doing it. My suggestion, is that if you've already got the video card, there is no harm in trying.

if i can get a ATi9700 Pro AiW, and a GForce 5200 PCI to play nice together, you can get 2 GForce cards working NO problem.

(if anyone is wondering how i did that, it was through Windows update drivers. it some how "magicly" worked. FPS in gaming was definately not the best, but was handy for the while that i needed it.)

Like branded pairs of video cards, like in your situation, are cake. NView or whatever its called, does the job well.

Back