Slight O/C.. need help

Slawek

Limp Gawd
want to overclock my computer.. However I have stock cooling. I mean, even if I just go from the 3.2 stock to 3.4, I'd be happy. In the Bios setup, I change my FSB to 850, from the stock 800 (Intel quad pumps it, so it's 850/4=212.5 FSB). Now, do I need to change my memory speed as well? I have an option to overclock the FSB and the Memory together, or do one or the other.. if I leave Memory speed on auto, it increases as I increase my FSB. So, should I just leave it at that?

Also I leave my VCORE voltage on Auto.. should I set that to a specific number? I notice i CPU-Z that it keeps changing (the voltage) from like 1.425, 1.44, 1.405, etc.. as the computer needs the voltage, it supplies it.

Anyways I tried last night putting it to 900 FSB, 3.6Ghz, but when I loaded Counter Strike it crashed and reboot.. so no go there!

I just want to make sure I'm o/c with the right settings.. I want to keep it stable and cool. My temps at stock are great, with a full load at 42 celcius, and idle at around 30 celcius.

Memory timings @ 4-4-4-12-16-2T

Back