Slim DVD for desktop

It'd fit certainly, but the problem is all that extra space in the drive bay. The slim drive itself would take up maybe half the bay height-wise probably. If you don't mind the fact that there'd be a gaping hole then go for it! I think these are really meant for laptops or maybe smaller drive bays. If you still want to go through with it it's fairly easy. I'm not sure if it'll click into place properly but you can just screw it in. I have your exact same case. Open up the side panels, and you'll see the flap on the locking mechanism. If you'll notice there's 2 bumps on the top and bottom here to keep the flap in place. All you have to do is push up from the bottom of the flap so that you can just pull the flap right out. Now you'll have access to the screw holes on both sides and you can hang on to that flap for future use if you like.

Thought so, just needed a second opinion. To prevent the hole on the front, I need to find a faceplate that allows access to the slot. I've seen it in a few custom mods, so I know one's out there somewhere.

There is a company that sells, and they are pretty cheap, slot load drives already housed in a 5 1/4 bay. They are laptop slot loads so not the fastest but they get the job done and another cool feature is they have an on / off switch on the front bezel to power them down when not in use to save you that wasted energy cost. I've been using them in builds for the last few years. One of my secret honey hole spots but they are out there. I think a few places sell drives like this.

Back