Slow loads

Silent Assasin

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I was stupid and was screwin around inside my case with it running. Anywho, I think I bumped my video card a bit and everything on the monitor just stopped along with the music. But then about 10 secs later everything came back to normal, or so it appeared.

Now window that I try to load, be it an app or a simple folder, everything slowly fades into full visability. Also if I'm scrolling through a page, everything loads in bocks, rather then smoothly scrolling.

I'm hoping it's just the video card, but could it be possible that something even worse has happened? Specically I'm worried about motherboard, possibly the CPU? The sound going out scares me that something more then just video is wrong, but my audio seems just fine now though.

The system in question is all sigged.

What did you bump the card with ? Your hand or something like your watch ? Have you removed the vid card and re-installed it ? Like physically take the card out of it's slot and inspect it make sure it looks ok and re-install it into the same slot. I have no idea how a bump could cause that...But you never know.

try to reinstall the drivers (clean them out first), i remember this slowness when there was no driver installed and it was using the default windows dirvers. tho it can be something more serious

try to reinstall the drivers (clean them out first), i remember this slowness when there was no driver installed and it was using the default windows dirvers. tho it can be something more serious

Yeah good idea...And you can use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove drivers for any card out there.

Back