small biz configuration question

tomciob

Limp Gawd
hello,

I have a dsl connection coming into a netgear fvs318 router, than it goes into a cisco sr2016 unmanaged 1g switch, which is used to connect all the computers together as well as a cisco wap4410n access point.

I have questions because both the fvs318 and sr2016 are setup as dhcp servers and i can't connect to the default address of 192.168.1.254 of the acess point.

How should all this be configured for proper operation?

Thank you for your time.

You definitely don't want to have two DHCP servers on your network. That might be your problem there. Your computers are receiving IPs in the same range probably from two servers, but don't know where to go afterwards. Try disabling one of your DHCP servers first and then connecting to the access point.

I would leave it on, within your netgear fvs318 because its your router and it might be handling the IPs of the VPN connections. But its up to you.

since the cisco is unmanaged you can't dissable dhcp or anything on it unless i'm missing something.

ok, i just thought the sr2016 was a dhcp server because it was assigning addresses before the netgear was pluged into the network.

the problem i am having is that i can not log into the ap to configure it.

the ap does work and serve internet to anybody connected.

ok, i just thought the sr2016 was a dhcp server because it was assigning addresses before the netgear was pluged into the network.

the problem i am having is that i can not log into the ap to configure it.

the ap does work and serve internet to anybody connected.

Is the ap setup as a bridge?

is the ap a dedicated wap or is it also a router? can you plug directly into the wap and pull an IP and access the gui that way?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

How do you know that the Cisco switch was assigning IP addresses. What were they? If they are 169.xxx.xxx.xxx then those are the default unaddressed IPs and the Cisco didn't give them.

Back