small Camcoder around $200?

HaxEJxuK

Gawd
I already have HV20 but I only use it times I know I'm going to use it such as vacation, party etc. I'm thinking it would be nice to have something that I can carry around with me all the time so I can take video of my kids at right time instead of wishing I had my HV20. It seems there are many options out there nowadays and wasn't sure where to start. Main thing I'm looking for is video quality. No matter what you do, if source is bad quality, you can't get good end result. :)

Main thing I'm looking for in order.

1. Video quality preferably 1080p. Even many company say 1080p, not all of them are same I assume.

2. Low light shooting. I'm guessing I'll take video where there aren't good lighting.

3. low background noise. I don't want to hear everything that's going around.

4. waterproof would be nice but I can live without it.

I know I'm asking for $200 one but I just want to find out good ones out there now so I can dig deeper to find which one is good one for me from that point.

Thanks

At that price range the only thing you're going to get that does (or claims to do) 1080p is going to be one of the cheapo Flip or Sony Bloggie pocket cameras... neither of which are anything approaching 'quality'.

The cheapest 'decent' quality 1080p is going to come from either the Sony DSC-WX5 or from my personal favorite, the Panasonic Lumix FX700. The Sony is around $300, the Panasonic around $350.

The Sony will have a bit better low light performance because of it's Exmor CMOS sensor versus a CCD in the Panasonic, but having had hands on with both I still think the Panasonic is a much better overall camera.

Back