small mod to my LL for pump power

Devilpup

[H]ard|Gawd
i used to have my water pump hooked to a special line in my psu to provide 110v power. unfortunately that psu died after about 4 years of tweaking, hacking, painting, splicing, and general abuse (good ole enermax *sniff*), so i had to get a new one. this time i decided against modifying the psu itself since i got a nice spiffy antec, so i modified the chassis of my pc76 tower to accomodate the pump.

first off, the goal here was to implement something that was very clean and looked like it could come from the factory that way. i hopped down to fry's (or as i call it, eden) and picked up an aluminum project box for $11. couple of parts from jamico & mc master and i wound up with this for about $15 total (not incl shipping).

side view (from behind the mobo side, or right side)
pumppower.JPG

back view
pumppower2.JPG

"front" view (pic sux, sorry)
pumppower3.JPG

overall i feel it looks very clean and much more professional than the "cut your pump cord and use a pci slot" type of garbage. it also allows me to plug in just about any 110v appliance inside my pc :) or swap pumps without modifying the pumps themselves. it does require an extra power cord to be run to the pc, but i feel it's worth it for the benefits. i like the sheer silence of my eheim too much to give it up for a 12v pump, even if i sacrifice some performance. for about $15, i feel pretty successful as it exceeded my expectations as far as looks go.

looks nice, can you get a shot of a juiceman juicer running in there?

Back