Small System Upgrade

Hacksaw

Weaksauce
I want to upgrade my graphics card from what I currently have (in sig) . I recently had to get a new monitor for my graphic design work NEC 2690WUXi 1920X1200 and I want to still be able to game on this monitor with some of the newer games out there (COD5, Crysis, Facr cry 2 etc)

Well I am trying to hold off on doing a full system upgrade to i7 (excluding the new card I get) until spring.

What do you think a good card would be to run at those res with everything turned up? I have no prefrence as of ATi or Nvidia. I would like to keep it under 450 or so with potential to add in either SLi or Crossfire come spring.

I saw some good pricing on the BFG 280 OCE for 304.00 and I would add a second card in the spring.
Do you guys think there is a better solution or more cost effective way of doing this?

Thanks!!

Oh here are the current specs.

C2D 6420,
2gb g.skill DDR2
XFX 8800gts 640mb
DFI Infinity Dark P965-s
NEC 2690WUXi
Windows XP Pro

I was just checking out some reviews on 4850 X2 and it seems that when you get a second card Crossfire there is not much of a increase but if you add a second gtx280 SLi it adds quite a bit to the FPS.
suggestions
Thanks!!

Back