Small vibrations in regards to your LCD's health...

I was flipping through the manual and noticed it said not to keep the LCD in an atmosphere prone to vibrations.

My desk is quite stable, but I have a pullout shelf (under the desk) where the keyboard/mouse resides.

When I type normally (quick, and somewhat soft), it creates a very small vibration. I can only notice it once in a while. Notice as in, I'll physically see the monitor move slightly.

Is this going to be harmful in the long run, or I shouldn't worry about it? I don't think I can do anything that'll remove this, unless I remove this pull out shelf, and rig something where a new shelf isn't attached to the desk.

All i know is that my z-5500 sub shakes my whole room, including my monitor when i turn it up a lot and it still works fine. If vibrating does affect a monitor i would imagine that typing isnt enough to mess it up.

Considering how much my Klipch subwoofer shakes the whole apartment, the least thing im worried about is my monitor.

Considering the abuse your monitor probably went through making it to the store you bought it from or to your doorstep, I'd say these vibrations are nothing.

I'm under the impression that the manufacturers meant something like "don't run a big electric motor right under the desk the monitor is sitting on."

I think having a big box fan on the same desk as the monitor would qualify as well.

Kevlarman said:
I'm under the impression that the manufacturers meant something like "don't run a big electric motor right under the desk the monitor is sitting on."

I think having a big box fan on the same desk as the monitor would qualify as well.

Not really.

Would kicking the desks qualify as vibrations that are bad for an lcd, cause well just say i have started playing hl2 deathmatches and things dont always go my way. My lcd stand has already broken, but i was able to fix that luckily.

Back