Smash Bros. Brawl

squares

Limp Gawd
So how is everyone liking the game? I think its awesome. Msg me if anyone wants to get a few matches, final destination & fox & no items only though ;).

I'm enjoying this game very much :D

didn't expect the single player mode to be so long though

takes a couple hours to beat

Check the console-specific forum.
So far the responses have been really positive. There are some gripes, but most fans are happy.
Single player takes more than a couple of hours, though! Unless you're motoring through each level, you'll likely end up spending 5-6 hours (or more) to complete the Emissary story. That can be good or bad depending on who you ask, though :)

I would however I am at work and that website is blocked.
Grabbed from GameFAQs and reformatted:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer(Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Ike
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
R.O.B.
Sonic
Snake

I've unlocked everyone except for Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff. So far my top characters are Samus, Lucario, and Fox in that order, although I just unlocked Sonic and I have a feeling I'm going to really like him as well.

Snake's really weird. Most of his moves are projectiles and they have slow recovery. If you've played Melee, they're like Ness' psychic moves.
The thing he has going for him is his normal f+A move is strong and knocks people down right at his feet. His grab move is also good, and his u+b save move is one of the best in the game.
He's also got several moves that can probably cause a ton of damage and destruction in 4 player free for all. His slow projectiles and explosives are a lot better suited for that situation.
He sucks (thus far in my opinion) in 1 on 1 or even in the Emissary battles, but he's probably good in 4-player. He's probably also decent on any level where he can put some distance between himself and opponents.

Grabbed from GameFAQs and reformatted:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer(Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Ness
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Marth
Ike
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
R.O.B.
Sonic
Snake

I've unlocked everyone except for Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff. So far my top characters are Samus, Lucario, and Fox in that order, although I just unlocked Sonic and I have a feeling I'm going to really like him as well.

Awesome thank you!

You can get some pretty nasty chains going with snake and his moves are different enough that it can catch inexperienced people off guard. In my opinion though, a lot of the new stuff feels gimmicky, but I never really liked items or moving stages.

i agree...a lot of the new stuff was fun the first few times around, but definitely not things I would want to be continuously playing with. Then again, I still prefer smash64 with no items.

i agree...a lot of the new stuff was fun the first few times around, but definitely not things I would want to be continuously playing with. Then again, I still prefer smash64 with no items.

Yup i rather played no item games over anything....smash n64 is still the best one so far. At least i had more memorable moments :cool:

Yup i rather played no item games over anything....smash n64 is still the best one so far. At least i had more memorable moments :cool:

Yes.. I think my favorite parts were on the larger levels where the framerates dropped considerably. Kinda reminds me of Perfect Dark a little too.

Back