Smashed my 4870x2.

lol, at least the OP was laid back enough to share some rare pictures in a humorous way.

If the card is a complete dud, why not?

Hi

suc50730.jpg

Engineer, is that you? Quit smashing video cards and go fix that sentry!

that photo reminds me of half-life, with that big ass wrench....someone should photochop that in there....lol

Awesome man! Kudos to you for NOT trying to warranty/RMA it. Someone did the right thing for once and I think I'm gonna cry......yep, there it is.

This guy has got to be around 12 years old. He reacted to the situation far too calmly for someone with ~$400 personally invested in something.

Here's hoping your parents don't buy you a replacement. In this economy, though, maybe that'd be best.

This guy has got to be around 12 years old. He reacted to the situation far too calmly for someone with ~$400 personally invested in something.

Here's hoping your parents don't buy you a replacement. In this economy, though, maybe that'd be best.

The accident was some months ago. It was today I smashed it to pieces b/c I didnt have any use of it.

oh my god this is fantastic! If this forum had rep, this would be worth a butt load. A load of butts, nice ones. Jessica Alba butts, I'm talking. Take all them butts, bronze them and polish them and you got yourself a nice trophy.

Here the Chort, have a trophee!
180px-Coach_z_butt.PNG

I thought this would be relevant here.​

Wow!!! some serious anger must have gone into the decision to smash that thing. You do realize that in addition to the RMA division there are parts of the company that handle paid repairs? It might have cost $100 flat rate to fix under the non-warranty repair plan.

you should try to rma it now ;)

:p :D

I agree. Just for fun. It would be awesome to see their reactions when they see the card arrive.:D

And if anything happens, you can blame it on UPS/FedEx improperly handling shipments as always. :D

What'd you do with the cores? I'd pay for shipping if you want to send me one. :)

Wow, seeing that poor wittle HD 4870 X2 just...just torn apart almost made me cry.

I guess I can see why you did it, but I think I would never have the...well balls to come to that decision. I would have mounted the card on the wall if anything to show its glory.

I would like to thank the OP for being adult enough to not try and RMA something he killed. If only more people were honest, the RMA procedures for people with legitimate claims would be much easier and prices would likely fall.

wtf? how'd you fail to remove the top shroud? it can't be that hard

It's not hard at all, it's literally like 10 screws if I remember correctly, the 8 on the back for the x-clamp and i think there is 2 near the I/O panel.

Breaking a video card: $450
Smashing it to bits so that you can no longer sell or repair it: Priceless!

Hey it's his money.

/shrug

I do agree with the fellow that made the drill and bit comment though. A little more care would have avoided the situation completely.

If you would have bought xfx, you could probably warranty the damn thing right now (Exaggerating, but they really do let you pull warranty on massive user damage)

They can do this because newsflash....these cards are cheap as hell to make...it's the multi-million dollar equipment used to produce the chips, etc. that are expensive as hell.

Oh yah, how much for those copper blocks? Can ont of those copper blocks be mounted on a 4850?

Wow, seeing that poor wittle HD 4870 X2 just...just torn apart almost made me cry.

I guess I can see why you did it, but I think I would never have the...well balls to come to that decision. I would have mounted the card on the wall if anything to show its glory.

I agree..and the post brought a tear to my eye too :( Maybe you could've sold/given it to someone. I'm sure you didn't accidentally the WHOLE card?! Maybe someone skilled with the soldering iron etc. would have been able to fix it. Poor 4870X2 :(

I agree..and the post brought a tear to my eye too :( Maybe you could've sold/given it to someone. I'm sure you didn't accidentally the WHOLE card?! Maybe someone skilled with the soldering iron etc. would have been able to fix it. Poor 4870X2 :(
Actually it benefitet me to not have it right now, while I'm studying.

I'll probably buy a new one, when the summer holyday comes.

Oh yah, how much for those copper blocks? Can ont of those copper blocks be mounted on a 4850?
Not for sale.... Ithowd away, not wanna see it:mad:

Suggestion: Do not mod your girlfriend...

I'll voltmod her brain, attaching a big coolor and :cool:OC hell:cool: out off her to do my studies faster.

Breaking a video card: $450
Smashing it to bits so that you can no longer sell or repair it: Priceless!

Bought the card for around 260$, when the card was new:p

Back