Smokin Hot!! ASUS PA248Q Black 24 $280

Actually 280, with a 20$ MIR for 260 AR, rebate is limit 2...

I've looked at this one in the past, and that's a great price for a 16:10 IPS.
Doesn't it suffer from really bad backlight bleeding though?

The recent reviews are consistent....bad!
That's unfortunate because I'm looking for a new monitor and hoping for a really good 24" or 27" IPS or MVA panel with usb ports.

My friend has this monitor and it's pretty awesome. He got the PA248Q and I got the U241m. If I could do it again, I'd have gotten the PA248Q...

interested why is that gamer? I really would like to get 24 inch with 1200

This deal came around a month or so earlier and I jumped on it; I'm using the monitor now. But it's my second one - the first one had a weird problem where it would occasionally go completely black for like a quarter of a second and come back, or the whole screen would distort briefly for a quarter second and come back - it'd do this maybe once every 3-5 minutes or so. So I RMA'd it and got a replacement, which so far has been just fine - I'm using it now. Replaced my old 24" 1920x1200 Soyo M-VA panel.

I'm pretty pleased with it - the colors are more vibrant and the screen more evenly lit than my old monitor. The built-in 4 port USB 3.0 hub is great, and the tilt/swivel/height/pivot stand is stable and excellent. For gaming, no discernible lag (not that I'd be able to spot any). The tiny bezel is a bonus, the color accuracy fantastic - I didn't have to do any messing with it out of the box to get it to where I liked it. Oh - and they included a ton of different cables with it too - VGA, DVI, Display Port (oddly, no HDMI).

Are you sure I dont see the code under the link anymore...? Anyone order one or has any experinece with it?

Last edited:

I know we already discussed this via PM, but here's for everyone else who's interested in my personal experiences with both:

Myself said:
All of the PA series monitors come pre-calibrated at the hardware level. My friends PA248Q came with colors spot on, tested with a Spyder 4 Pro. My Dell was quite a bit off. You can correct that with color profiles, but that only works in the desktop environment and with programs that specifically support color correction.

Also, the Asus comes with 4x USB 3.0 ports on the side. The Dell has no additional connectivity.

Build quality is great with both, maybe the Dell is slightly better.

But anyway, mostly the color accuracy out of box and the extra USB ports are what I would've appreciated had I chosen the PA248Q instead of the U2412m.

I can't find the 27" variant which seems to only be available in Europe/Asia.

I can't find the 27" variant which seems to only be available in Europe/Asia.

I can't find the 27" variant which seems to be available only in Europe/Asia.

Amazon is now offering the same deal:

Linky

Best of all, unlike Newegg, returns, if needed, are pretty painless. I've debated getting this monitor myself. I don't need one, as I have plenty of 1200p 24" monitors, but I'd love to test one against my Dell U2412M's. Not to mention I would love to have the USB 3.0 hub instead of the USB 2.0 hub the 2412's have. It's tempting at this price to just pick one up anyway. I can always find a use for it...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought this monitor from Amazon but had to send it back due to a persistent flicker over the DVI port. Every couple of minutes, the screen would go black for about 3 seconds. Some folks said that this was a DVI only problem.

Ok, update - not recommending this monitor (or any Asus product for that matter) after all, which is a 180 from my first post in this thread. After about 6 weeks, this SECOND one that replaced the first bad one I got also started flickering/going black for a second or two at a time randomly (and it does indeed have a backlight bleed in the lower left corner). And I got this whether with HDMI/DVI or VGA. Unfortunately by this time I was past the 30 day NewEgg return window so I had to deal with Asus support.

These things happen and I normally wouldn't be too upset about it and figure "third time's the charm", but my experience with Asus's "Rapid Replacement" program is what has totally turned me off. Be warned - I didn't get any sort of confirmation emails from Asus to let me know what part of the RMA process I was in. They didn't tell me when they got my paperwork, they won't give me an ETA for when my replacement should arrive, and they won't email me to let me know when they've shipped the replacement out. And I've been waiting 9 days so far from when I've sent in my forms and the replacement still hasn't shown up - quite frankly, I think I'm a pretty easy-to-please customer because I honestly wasn't in a hurry for the replacement because my old non-Asus monitor still works just fine, but not knowing what the heck is going on with my replacement is pretty maddening.

Anything as in even there video cards? I just got a 660GTX Asus....!!!???

Anything is a bit much IMO. I use the same video card (I've had it for a couple of months) and it's a great card. I also use a nice ROG mobo from Asus which is great. The caveat to buying Asus is that their support absolutely blows. If you don't need it, it's a non-factor. If you do need it, the Lord help you.

Back