Smoking [H]OT E8400 $140 (+S/H) Orders over $200 shipped free CompUSA

hmmm wonder if its this price in store... ill have to check it out tomorrow

I LOVE!!! having a compusa near by... all the same prices that tigerdirect has online but in the store... its awsome if i ever want to pick something up quick

hmmm wonder if its this price in store... ill have to check it out tomorrow

I LOVE!!! having a compusa near by... all the same prices that tigerdirect has online but in the store... its awsome if i ever want to pick something up quick

with compusa can't you price match to their website?

i ordered one, I'll end up reselling for my cost + shipping if i decide not to do a rebuild this summer. I'd have to buy a new mobo too, so I'm not sure if I'll do it....

orders are already shipping for some, I got in on 4 :)
I will hate you ever-so-much if your intent is to sell those on eBay or the FS/FT forum. And not in a playful way, in an actual, "I fucking hate you," way.

I will hate you ever-so-much if your intent is to sell those on eBay or the FS/FT forum. And not in a playful way, in an actual, "I fucking hate you," way.

Why? Its a free market, he did not do anything wrong, just bought some CPUs. If you actually hate someone for swooping in on cheap CPUs, then its you who has the problem.

I have the same opinion of people who buy things with the intent to sell them for profit on ebay or on these forums. Although I am not sure exactly what I'm going to do with them, they will not be used to make money. When I see deals like this one I just buy a few, and find friends who need them. Alternatively I'm looking to build a server, so I may try to trade them for things I need such as a good server case or 1 tb hard drives etc. Oh and if any1 is in seattle and wants one let me know

Interesting the price still appears as 140. Anyone try price matching in store?

the discount from the regular selling price is too small to make any money anyways.. $140, they usually go for just under $200...

sell it, shipping + paypal fees + gas = ok you got yourself a couple days lunch at McDonald's.

I got a tracking number Saturday. It has still not scanned by UPS though. Probably packed and waiting for pick-up.

Man this sucks, I bought ram + psu for my future SFF build Friday morning; if I would've known this would come in the 'deals' pipeline I would've waited and held that $160 for this instead. *sigh* Missed it by a few hours...oh well. :(

I'm pissed that I didn't get in on this deal.

don't worry fluke, most people bought multiples. I would just wait for them to show on the for sale forum here or check ebay. CompUsa had at least a thousand of these if not more sell during the deal. I am pretty sure that some [H] member can help you out.

Anyone else getting a "Delivery intercept / return to shipper" when tracking their package D:

Wow, CompUSA is canceling all open orders and having UPS recall the sent package.

Now I don't feel so bad.

Why? Its a free market, he did not do anything wrong, just bought some CPUs. If you actually hate someone for swooping in on cheap CPUs, then its you who has the problem.
No. People who seek to make a profit at others' expense for doing no work at all are scum. I learned this lesson personally when I started attending concerts at an average of 3 per week and every 15th or 20th or show I would have to pay $200 for tickets that went for $20 but sold out. Why did they sell out? Well, maybe because so many douchebags were scalping them.

And good on you Socrilles. You're still cool in my book. :p

yes i am. one page says that it was shipped 5/11 and deal is done. ups tracking says package has been intercepted and returned to sender. my order status on compusa says that i requested to return the item because it was incompatible. but no refund yet. also, i cant find a phone number for them.

No. People who seek to make a profit at others' expense for doing no work at all are scum. I learned this lesson personally when I started attending concerts at an average of 3 per week and every 15th or 20th or show I would have to pay $200 for tickets that went for $20 but sold out. Why did they sell out? Well, maybe because so many douchebags were scalping them.

There's a difference between concert tickets and things like a processor. There will be more processors so one wont be able to jack up the price very high. Probably only up to around retail. Concert tickets are first come, first serve. If you're not fast enough, you're s.o.l. Get over it, move on, and better luck next time.

Besides, there's nothing stopping you from doing the same.

i work part time at our expo here and when ever we find a scalper outside selling tickets we kick them off the property, or the sheriff invites them for a ride.

There's a difference between concert tickets and things like a processor. There will be more processors so one wont be able to jack up the price very high. Probably only up to around retail. Concert tickets are first come, first serve. If you're not fast enough, you're s.o.l. Get over it, move on, and better luck next time.

Besides, there's nothing stopping you from doing the same.
You're right, there's nothing stopping me from doing it, besides my attempt to not be that big of a douchebag.

Okay, yeah, I know. We're consumers in a capitalist society. If anything, capitalism fully endorses this kind of behavior. But I have nothing to say to people who have absolutely no ethical qualms about profiting at the expense of others. Well, I actually have a few things to say, but none that are appropriate here.

Mine was recalled after shipping too. I called customer service and they said "That was a mistake on our part and we'll ship that back to you." Who knows at this point.

No. People who seek to make a profit at others' expense for doing no work at all are scum....
So, every single B&M store, every single Internet retailer, every single wholesaler are scum?

And I thought I was pessimistic. I guess I just love a Free Market Society.

No. People who seek to make a profit at others' expense for doing no work at all are scum.

Yep, don't get mad if you know before hand that a chance exists of such deal been pricing error and order canx is a high probability. Specially for those people that buy like 10+ in order to make a profit off FleaBay!!!

You're right, there's nothing stopping me from doing it, besides my attempt to not be that big of a douchebag.

Okay, yeah, I know. We're consumers in a capitalist society. If anything, capitalism fully endorses this kind of behavior. But I have nothing to say to people who have absolutely no ethical qualms about profiting at the expense of others. Well, I actually have a few things to say, but none that are appropriate here.

How is someone profiting at your expense? Are you saying that if Customer A had bought 1 CPU instead of 2 or 3, you'd have gotten one?

With respect tickets, fans complain about scalpers all the time -- and when they cheat (i.e. bribe promoters for tickets), I completely agree -- but I've gotten great seats for the vast majority of concerts I've gone to (well over 200) almost all face value (might have paid more for 5 or 10 of them). When it comes to concerts, those with a game plan get tickets and frequently get very good tickets. Those without a plan complain about scalpers. Calling up Ticketmaster or getting on ticketmaster.com Saturday morning isn't a plan. It takes research and strategy and sometimes luck.

As for CPUs, I agree. I personally can't stand all the scumbags at Newegg, Frys, et al. that buy CPUs from Intel and then sell them above cost. In fact, they often sell them above MSRP. Evildoers, they are. :p

I think you could make a far better argument that everyone who took advantage of this fairly obvious pricing and/or software error were douches though maybe there's a douche multiplier in effect.

yep, mine also. ups tracking now says its been shipped, intercepted, and now reshipped for delivery on the 14th. maybe they had to put a surprise in the box. or take one out.

It's a glorious day!!!!

Type: Package
Delivered On: 05/13/2008
9:06 A.M.

COMPusa REPPED!

We have a delivery!

Seems there is no rhyme or reason to the interceptions (ie large vs small orders). A note about the UPS interceptions-

"You can make the request to intercept your package at any time using your UPS shipping or tracking system. The interception will be made on the day of scheduled delivery."

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re..._intercept.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=intercept

I love this lie they made up...

05/14/2008 10:58 A.M. THE RECEIVER CANCELED THE ORDER AND REFUSED THIS DELIVERY

I did not cancel the order. A delivery attempt was never made. What a bunch of SOBs, at least could have admitted they made a price mistake... well guess I didn't get lucky. Would have been an upgrade that was a cost a very small amount on my part.

Back