SN26P - User Review (coming soon)

dworley

Gawd
There have been ALOT of unanswered questions regarding the SN26P:

1. Can the PSU handle (2) 7800GTX cards in SLI?
2. Will it run stable for extended periods of gaming?
3. What kind of heat problems will exist with (2) high end video cards dumping heat inside the case?
4. How loud is it at idle and load?
5. Does the Envy24 with updated drivers really work with hardware sound and EAX in BF2 for true 5.1 surround?

Those are my concerns at least, and I plan to answer them this week. I will call it as I see it from a [H]ard core Gamer's perspective!

I ordered my SN26P with overnight shipping on Thursday from CensusPC and got shipping confirmation on Friday, unfortuanately USPS did not get it to me on Saturday as I had planned and they are closed on Monday!!!!!

Please let me know what questions you want answered about the SN26P and I will try to put together a nice review with lots of info and pics!

Here is my configuration for testing:

SN26P
CPU's: X2 3800+ (overclocked previously to 2.5ghz on SN25P) or FX-55
Video Cards: (2) BFG 7800GTX (one with EVGA ACS cooler)
Memory: 2GB Corsair XMS PC3200 or 1GB Kingston HyperX PC4000
HD: Raptor 74GB SATA or Samsung 160GB SATA
Optical: NEC 3540A DVDRW or Sony CRX320E CDRW/DVD or Optowrite USB DVDRW

I wish I could get some heatpipes for my video cards...SHUTTLE are you listening???

Temps, PICS!!! and I'd love to know how the cooling on the inside is.. maybe some pics of the inside of the case if possible?

also how much did you pay for the case if you dont mind my asking?

good sell it to me for a reasonable price when ur done? just can't get myself to spend that cash.

DSC00090.jpg

SN26P with my first mod - added two 60mm fans mounted directly above the SLI video cards :cool:

No problems with USB performance, transferred several gigs of data to this system using my USB hard drive, blazing fast!

Played 2 hours straight of BF2 this evening with all video settings high and several advanced IQ tweaks to the nview profile. No issues at all and my max temps observed for the video cards was 73C for the inside card and 78C for the outside card - CPU was 48C load. Very fast and stable so far!!! (using an EVGA ACS 1+ cooler accessory on the outside card - definitely helps with temps in the extremely tight space)

-------------------------
SN26P: X2 3800+, BFG 7800GTX SLI, 2GB Corsair XMS, 74GB Raptor, Sony CDRW/DVD, Dell 2005FPW, Logitech 5500D

Actually the noise is fairly low at idle and under load - the 7800GTX fan is nearly silent at idle and load. I am controlling the fans with speedfan based on CPU temp and have been monitoring all my temps very closely. Even at full load for a few hours of heavy gaming it is still resonably quiet.

NOTE: I chose the components specifically for the best performance with the lowest noise and heat output as the 7800GTX cooler is very efficient and super quiet. The X2 3800+ also runs much cooler than my FX-55 and with a slight overclock and the latest 81.84 driver - I get a nice boost in performance with the dual core CPU.

Arghhh I wanna go ape shit to shuttle right now. I had been looking at upgrade options for my rig (gettin ready for quake4, oblivion, and the like) but I decided to treat myself to one of the new Shuttle pc's so I placed an order about a week or so ago for one of thier new ones with SLI (4400x2 2gig of ram dual 7800 gt's). Got the box in today jumpin up and down all excited then the big let down. Not only is the lan carrying bag missing (probably in another box on a fedex truck) but the biggest letdown of them all... Its missing one of the 7800 gt's !!!!! I couldn't believe it :( Called up Shuttle about it but they said they would have to call me back after talking to the guys in production! :mad: Ugh I'm so pissed atm.

edit: Oh FFS they just called me back. They are gonna have fedex pick it up on monday ship it back, then ship it back to me. Another %*#@*@(* week probably. Ordered it when I did so I would be good to go on quake 4 launch day but noooo they had to fubar it. I mean come on that model doesn't even have the option to have a single video card (not the barebones kit this was built by them). The only option when buying one was dual 7800 GT and dual 7800 GTX.

Ugh they just called back again to confirm the pickup on monday. When I asked what form of shipping they would be using to ship it there and back... *goes ape shit* It seems its gonna be another week+ before I get it back. When I asked them why they would not use overnight there and back to fix thier mistake they refused. Shuttle really has some shitty buisiness practices. :mad: The whole reason I paid extra for shipping was so I could get it here and start using it asap now thats gone out the window and the extra I paid for fast shipping is down the toliet.

dang that really is messed up. can't you return it and order a new one and ask for expedited shipping for free? might be a little faster since the replacement is a brand new order.

Yeah but then I'd end up paying for shippping. Swear it was like getting a lump of coal lol really wanted to get some use out of it this weekend. Ah well. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it back by next monday for Quake4's launch. Somehow I doubt it though. Just don't get why they left out the 2nd 7800. I mean on thier order page you don't have the option to get that model (thier new one) with a single video card. Just 2 7800 GT's or 2 7800 GTX's. :confused:

get a refund and forget about it. I don't think this will end well for you at all. First run production always has issues but ffs how do you leave out a GPU on the new SLI rig?? gg Shuttle.

i think they'd give u free shipping if u called them up and let them know how unhappy u are with their service, and bitch at them like "how the fuck do u only put one graphics card in when theres not even an option to buy only one?!" and stuff like that. just keep bothering em, and they should cave. i mean, that works with other companies, so it should work w/ shuttle too, right?

Not to be the devils advocate but.... How do they know you just aren't keeping one video card for yourself and just bitching to try and take advantage of them? Heck, one GT would almost cover the cost of just the SN26P without any video cards. Not trying to take their side, but if I was a business I wouldn't mess up in the first place, but I would also be very scepticle of someone saying they only got one video card :|

mmmmmmm.... it's going to be all I can do to keep myself from selling my SN25P and picking up this bad boy...

Man I may have to upgrade from my SN25P.

Good work Dworley. So do you think you are going to stay with this one for a while? Oh and is the audio the same as the SN25P?

Still waiting for a good external sound solution for BF2.

Audio is the same as SN25P Envy24 - The problem is primarily that BF2 Audio implementation only supports Audigy2 ZS and X-Fi correctly for 5.1 positional sound.

I am currently using an Audigy2 NX and 5.1 does not work with it either for BF2. Same problem as with Envy24, SBLive and other integrated audio - with hardware audio enabled in BF2 you do get positional audio but the radio voices stutter / skip.

Dworley, could you please post somepics of it next to the qpack, and any other sff's you currently have.

TheBlueChanell said:
Dworley, could you please post somepics of it next to the qpack, and any other sff's you currently have.
like pretty much every shuttle that exists? :p

is the purple really that dark like in ur pics, or is it a trick of the light?

Back