Sneak Peek of SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Cities of Tomorrow is a SimCity expansion pack that is due to be released next month (hopefully to a smoother launch this time around). The expansion pack contains a massive amount of new content. Check out the screen shots while the game’s designer describes the challenges of the expansion pack.

There was a lot to see—a truly bewildering amount of new content—and an almost impossibly dense web of subsidiary information to take in. They've been working on the expansion pack since the re-release, back in February, and, creatively speaking, it shows.

What the heck is the author talking about when he says "relaunch"? Is that the new marketing buzzword for reboot?

What the heck is the author talking about when he says "relaunch"? Is that the new marketing buzzword for reboot?

It means "please buy our game, we promise it is as a complete shit storm as it was last time"

The game will NOT be fixed. The developers already said it will not be possible for them to allow making larger cities due to limitations on the engine.

R.I.P. SimCity franchise. EA does it yet again to a wonderful series.

Never thought I'd say this, but... EA has made Sim City make All of the Cities XL games look like masterpieces. Even when Monte Cristi or whatever they are named tried to get Cities XL online they saw the error and returned to form shortly thereafter...

Probably not. No one cares. Sim City 2000 is still the undeniable king.

No interest whatsoever. 'Baffle them with bullshit" is over for EA with regards to the Sim City Franchise.

I've seen hacks for larger cities. So, it's more like limitations of their target audience's computers than the engine.

I've said this before; expansions in an online-only, multiplayer game means that instead of visiting another city to compare creativity, you can now visit other cities to compare wallet sizes.

Lame.

The game will NOT be fixed. The developers already said it will not be possible for them to allow making larger cities due to limitations on the engine.

Which was proven to be complete bullshit less then 2 weeks after launch when people hacked the game to have bigger maps that played fine.

That series is dead until a good dev team makes it. Nice try though guys.

No, really.:)

It'll still sell millions probably.

So in this expansion you can make futuristic looking trailer park sized cities. How cute.

The future is awesome, yeah?

I watched a video the other day of some guy making a city in SimCity. He started off (while making the main highway of the city) "don't let the city size distract you from making the city of your dreams", then the rest of the video showed him making a complex interchange, and zoomed out to show that it took up something like 1/4th of the real estate of the grid.

here it is:
http://youtu.be/RQfF7qgyB5w

great, so now we can sit there screaming at the impossibly broken pathing AI while looking at new buildings instead of sitting there screaming at the impossibly broken pathing AI while looking at old buildings.

Back