So apparently the SG01...

ToastMaster

Limp Gawd
there's a revision of the Silverstone SG01 case coming out next month, with better cooling options.

And I just bought mine 1 1/2 weeks ago. *sigh*

Just thought I'd post this for those who are interested in it.

Oh, an the cross-blow fan is available now too.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-fx121.htm

If I get one I will have to mount it outside the case. The 7700 says so.

IMG_0323.jpg

120mm?

Please let it be so.

The only thing that has me leaning towars the QPACK is the superior cooling/ less noise. You have to buy an additional PSU for the QPACK anyway so the price is not really that much different. I refuse to buy a SFF case that is loud like the SG01.

The SG01 comes without PSU. So you HAVE to get one. Some persons keep the PSU of the Qpack even if it's suposedly not good.

There isnt any way in hell they would incorperate 120mm fans into the SG01. My guess is an 80mm exhaust (Top) and the introduction of the cross flow fan.

TheBlueChanell said:
I just might, have to fuck the qpack idea.

Didn't you already build your system?

And I'm in a dilema - I bought the case from Newegg a couple of weeks ago, I went and opened the box to look at the case, but that's it. Nothing else. Anyone happen to know if Newegg will allow me to return it when the time comes to exchange for a revised SG01, and then I simply pay the difference + a probable restocking fee?

ToastMaster said:

And I'm in a dilema - I bought the case from Newegg a couple of weeks ago, I went and opened the box to look at the case, but that's it. Nothing else. Anyone happen to know if Newegg will allow me to return it when the time comes to exchange for a revised SG01, and then I simply pay the difference + a probable restocking fee?
If you filed an RMA within 14 days - sure. You get like 10-14 days to return it, once you file and I have found they are very lenient on that policy, at least with me. I've spent a few grand over the years with them so they might factor that in.

ToastMaster said:
Oh, an the cross-blow fan is available now too.
Blowers are not known for being quiet... That probably does not move enough air to be worth it

ToastMaster said:

Im pretty sure we will never see Blues Q-PACK, because I see a new "Im buying these parts tomorrow" thread every 2 months.

So if I want to return my case, I have till tomorrow to request the RMA. The thing is, I'm wondering whether the cooling revision will be all that great. The "best case scenario" (no pun intended ;) ) is that they switch the power supply to being over the expansion cards, vs. how it is now, which would be rather interesting.

So yeah, I'm just not certain at the moment. :(

ToastMaster said:
So if I want to return my case, I have till tomorrow to request the RMA. The thing is, I'm wondering whether the cooling revision will be all that great. The "best case scenario" (no pun intended ;) ) is that they switch the power supply to being over the expansion cards, vs. how it is now, which would be rather interesting.

So yeah, I'm just not certain at the moment. :(
Request the RMA today and at least give yourself the option if they get the new SG01s in stock. You are not obligated to return it. ;)

Skin said:
Im pretty sure we will never see Blues Q-PACK, because I see a new "Im buying these parts tomorrow" thread every 2 months.

True, but being a teenager, I need to spend my money wisely, it'll be hear by the end of the month. If I don't have it by December 1st, feel free to call me a liar.

Back