So.. I bought a Gigabyte GTX 670OC and..

I got the 680 OC and I got a little buyer's remorse mainly because I wanted the Asus 670. But I'm tired of waiting for Asus to release it so I got the the Gigabyte 680 instead.

I think once I pop into my computer the buyer's remorse will fade. I think you'll be just fine with a 670 the difference between them in performance is not that big.

At 1920 x 1200 or 2560 x 1440 a 670 should perform nicely for you.

not only are all the different forums cluttered with red vs. green fights, now we have green vs. cut down green fights. What's next?

^
lol...I think we've established the reputation of the manufacturers. Diamond/HIS/Powercolor/Visiontek are probably the worst offenders of all. Can't really surpass them for the bottom of the barrel position.

lets have box art fights.... I truly think that EVGA box art sucks. I mean come on. We all know that a box with ill tempered sea bass with freaking laser beams on their foreheads would signify a superior product.

To paraphrase George Carlin, "My manufacturer has a bigger dick than your manufacturer!" :D

I got the 680 OC and I got a little buyer's remorse mainly because I wanted the Asus 670. But I'm tired of waiting for Asus to release it so I got the the Gigabyte 680 instead.

I think once I pop into my computer the buyer's remorse will fade.
This. So much. I don't know how much tech I've flopped between before the figurative dust even settled.

Plus, to the OP, both 680 and 670 aren't really "futureproof" anyhow, considering values and/or performance on both will probably crash in the same X amount of years it'll take for 2gb VRAM to be insufficient.

So I decided to keep the GTX 670. What is the proper way to Overclocking the Gigabyte 670OC? I tried OCing my 4870x2 with catalyst control panel.. I actually did the auto tune... And after saving settings and playing a game I got an ATI BSOD.

So I decided to keep the GTX 670. What is the proper way to Overclocking the Gigabyte 670OC? I tried OCing my 4870x2 with catalyst control panel.. I actually did the auto tune... And after saving settings and playing a game I got an ATI BSOD.

MSI Afterburner is the way to go. Use Unigine Heaven as a quick and dirty stress test to determine stability.

Back