So I have a 780. is the 980ti a worthy upgrade path?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
So I have the 780. And when the 980's came out. And it was told to me that it was not worth jumping too. But how about the 980Ti? better?

I think so. Upgraded my EVGA 780 Classified to a EVGA 980 Ti SC+. Went from 70-80 FPS in BF4 @ 1080P / Ultra / 4xMSAA, to ~155 fps. Useful because I have a 144Hz monitor. Much better performance in GTA V, but hard to compare frame rates because now I turn up most of the graphics options. The only other game I play is Skyrim but I have to cap it at 100Hz because of physics bugs and the 780 was already maxing that out, but I definitely get less of the occasional stuttering, as I was using 2.9GBs of VRAM out of my 780s 3GBs for graphics mods, and now I have 6GBs to play with.

The 980 Ti is at least 40% faster than the 780, so definitely worth it.

got 200 for mine in about 15 minutes of posting it. was windforce oc model though...
prob could have got a little more.

Probably depends on what games you're playing, at what res, and what your expectations are. I went from a 780 to a EVGA 980 SC and for me it was worthwhile upgrade since I bought the card used.

I'm considering a similar upgrade myself, minus it being a 780Ti... I feel like a 980Ti would be an amazing jump at 1440p.

Unless AMD is a no go for you, it may be worthwhile to wait a few days for Fury official reviews.

Unless AMD is a no go for you, it may be worthwhile to wait a few days for Fury official reviews.

Didn't AMD already release their comparisons to the 980 Ti? These charts showed that the Fury X was a hair faster than the reference 980 Ti's, meaning that they will be slower than non-reference 980 Ti's.

Regardless, for sure a 980 Ti would be a big upgrade over a 780. I sold my GTX 980 and I'm even getting a 980 Ti. Guru3D's charts are showing the Gigabyte 980Ti being dangerously close to a 980-Sli setup. I was going to grab a 2nd 980 and SLI, but after seeing the charts, it seems silly when you can get a new single card, overclock it, and have performance comparable to 980 SLI.

So I have the 780. And when the 980's came out. And it was told to me that it was not worth jumping too. But how about the 980Ti? better?
Do you not have the ability to look at reviews yourself? :confused:

Even a plain 980 is 40% faster than the 780 overall and the 980 Ti is about 75% faster overall. The gap keeps growing larger with most newer games.

Do you not have the ability to look at reviews yourself? :confused:

Even a plain 980 is 40% faster than the 780 overall and the 980 Ti is about 75% faster overall. The gap keeps growing larger with most newer games.

Personal experiences speak more than numbers.:eek:... mr. nice guy.

I would say go for it. I have x2 780 ti classifieds, so im going to sit on these puppies for a while longer.

Personal experiences speak more than numbers.:eek:... mr. nice guy.

I would say go for it. I have x2 780 ti classifieds, so im going to sit on these puppies for a while longer.
Personal experience matters but it can be all over the place and is many times just exaggerated BS. We have numerous review sites for a reason.

I upgraded from a 780 SLi to a 970 SLi and that was an upgrade. Going from 780 to 980 Ti should give you a larger penis on the internet.

Back