So, I install BF2 on my wife's computer...

somecallmeTim

[H]F Junkie
Okay, we're a family of gamers. I run a Spokane WA based LAN group, we have 'game night' at the house with freinds, RPG every other friday, and have small LANs at the house. Over the years, the wife has primary played RPGs and SIM type games - rollercoaster tycoon, etc, and puzzle games on her comptuer.

At our last LAN, she saw how much run we had playing BF2 and she said she wanted to give it a try. So, last night, I install it on her rig - AMD XP2500+, 1 GB Ballistix PC3200, BFG 6800oc, WD 160Gb SATA, blah, blah, blah - capable of decent performance.

I get it all patched up, and then fire up a server, hop on my my computer and a friend hopped on our kids' computer. After about a 15 minute lesson, she said "okay, let's play...."

Well... in no time, she's laughing at herself, driving the buggy off cliffs, trying to fly choppers, blowing stuff up with a tank, running around shooting at me really enjoying herself. The map changes, and she says "okay, Jed and I on one team, you on the other" - well... did she get into it. I heard "oh... that was cheap.... .how did you do it" - "where's a tank, I need to kill my husband" "holy crap! I made it from the carrier to the land in a helocopter without crashing..." She now understands why we love this game, and why we've played the hell out of the Battlefield series since the BF'42 demo... She's hooked.

The best part is when our middle daughter comes home from youth group and says "HOLY SH**! MOM'S PLAYING BF2!" - our youngest was stoked too.

The best part is we have a Birthday GULP (Grown Up LAN Party - 21 and over) this weekend so she'll be in playing with us. Next is getting her online with the rest of our crew during our "server raids".

Now i'm going to be buying 3 copies instead of 2 of everything from now on.... <sigh>

Peace,
Tim

That freakin' rocks. :) My wife can't wait until the next patch comes out so we can co-op LAN in single player. She doesn't like the online experience (cause she's new to BF2) so that'll be great. Can I be your neighbor? lol

WhyYouLoveMe said:
That freakin' rocks. :) My wife can't wait until the next patch comes out so we can co-op LAN in single player. She doesn't like the online experience (cause she's new to BF2) so that'll be great. Can I be your neighbor? lol

She did mention that the maps were "big and empty" - co-op LAN will be fun. We're going to have 12 to 13 computers at the house over the weekend, so 16 player maps will be nice.

My oldest daughter and I were talking and she wants to form +MwG+ - Moms with Guns... :D - with her, my wife, and some friends we know that game, she can put together a complete squad in BF2 now... hehe. Gurl Gamers make the games better.

Now she thinks she needs an upgrade after playing and then seeing it on the kids comp (XP2600+, 1.5 BG o' RAM, 6800GT) and my rig (A64 3700+, 2GB ram, 7800GT) - guess it's not a 'bad' thing when your wife wants to spend money on hardware... :LOL:

And yes, you can be my neighbor... :) - sometimes a few friends will use Hamachi to get some gaming in - a VPN app that works rather well.

Peace,
Tim

lol - Your rigs are similar to ours.

Wife: AMD XP 2200, 1gb RAM, 6800nu unlocked, NF3 board
Mine: AMD 64 3700+, 2gb, RAM, 7800GT, NF4 SLI, Audigy 2 ZS

I've heard of Hamachi but haven't tried it.

After the next patch comes out and my wife and I co-op I'll get her hooked on it and we'll take it online. :D

the world needs more cool families like yours. my rents wont even tuch the sims 2 with a 10-foot pole. btw, wat server r u guys usually on?

Sweet deal man! Great deal you got there :) My girlfriend isn't interested in that kinda game, but she'll play WoW.

Give your wife a hi-five from Stormlifter, she'll know what it means :p

Anyways, enjoy the gaming with your wife, its how its ment to be.

BTW, hamachi is a great thing! If your short a player, PM me I'll play, or xfire me at stormlifter

You are lucky.

I am trying to get my girlfriend into it. She will play for a few min but then stop because she gets frustrated.

I'll keep working on her...... :D

Back