So I just got my hands on a 2011-3 mobo ...

dvsman

2[H]4U
Should I do a new build now with a 5820 / 5930 or (instead of sinking the money into x99) wait for 6xxx -E cpus? What would you guys do? Btw: It's a gigabyte x99 ud5.

Last edited:
Supposedly, the new chips will be announced at Computex June 01, 2016, or thereabouts.

Thanks guys, I just read that the new E series will fit into the 2011-3 sockets so here's hoping Gigabyte will flash / update the firmware to support the new CPUs.

Thanks guys, I just read that the new E series will fit into the 2011-3 sockets so here's hoping Gigabyte will flash / update the firmware to support the new CPUs.

I know they've released updates for some of their boards already (the update was one of the original leaks indicating a Q2 release of BW-E).

Wait for Broadwell-E to come out IMHO. That's why I'm sitting on an Asus X99-A from Jet that was a really good bargain.

how are you going to flash it without the older cpu?:) Just how bad will these cpu's depreciate lol

Not all ASUS X79 motherboards have it either which is why I mentioned it. Take a look at the P9X79 LE for example it's missing that feature. Most should have it but not all.

I agree that most should have it. However I should have said the higher end boards have it. This is why I chose the X99-A because of this feature. I didn't want to risk paying ~$1500 for a CPU without being able to flash the BIoS

Wait for Broadwell-E to come out IMHO. That's why I'm sitting on an Asus X99-A from Jet that was a really good bargain.

i wouldn't sit on an asus mobo so long.. i had a x99-a, worked fine for 2 weeks then died. then i got another x99-a.. doa.. eventually got a x99 sabertooth, and thats been working for a month now. a lot of reviews on the asus x99 series mobos show doa, or early failure.

Back