So I know the 5870 is out of stock everywhere....but, whos gonna get it in first?

Elipsn

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to put in a order for a 5870, anyone have any idea on some confirmed eta's on 5870s?

I'm looking to put in a order for a 5870, anyone have any idea on some confirmed eta's on 5870s?

I know some website that will have XFX 5870 in stock on thursday and monday..
but dont know if they are legit though... the website looks very crappy for me at least...

everywhere else mostly seems to be around 20th-30th..

CyberPower says 5870 back order ETA 11/25/09 on all their builds...we will see if this is true.

feels kind of spooky if you ask me...

its like gambling.. that is one of the site I am talking about, but for me, I wouldn't take the risk for it..

Spooky, lol

If they don't have a Contact Us page with a phone number and address, don't buy from them. The sites that want you to send email are obviously questionable.

The GoDaddy Sercurity logo at the bottom adds more spookiness to the site! lol
Only cheap self-made websites have that at the bottom.

Don't Buy From Them!

Not really a bad price with the water block. Usually a fullsize waterblock like that is over $100 alone.

I have checked with Provantage on phone call, they said they are currently taking backorders and going to be ship in Dec.... :S

Dear Customers

All Videocards are on Back orders. We apologize. We shall notify you all when the arrival is updated. we shall seek your permission before processing. Please Keep an eye on my emails or calls and reply back asap when you see the updates. These cards are selling too quickly. we appreciate all your business
When you reply back either to go ahead with order or wish to cancel. please have your order ID# ready or name ready for me., thanks again

Have a good day!

Lili Greene
732-346-9500

-----------------------------------------------------------
Antares Computing Inc / Antares Digital®
35 Campus Drive
Edison, New Jersey 08837

Lili sounds pretty cool on the phone, but anyways that's what you get back if you backorder a card. It's a race between them and Amazon for the backorder.

Cagey

Dear Customers

All Videocards are on Back orders. We apologize. We shall notify you all when the arrival is updated. we shall seek your permission before processing. Please Keep an eye on my emails or calls and reply back asap when you see the updates. These cards are selling too quickly. we appreciate all your business
When you reply back either to go ahead with order or wish to cancel. please have your order ID# ready or name ready for me., thanks again

Have a good day!

Lili Greene
732-346-9500

-----------------------------------------------------------
Antares Computing Inc / Antares Digital®
35 Campus Drive
Edison, New Jersey 08837

Lili sounds pretty cool on the phone, but anyways that's what you get back if you backorder a card. It's a race between them and Amazon for the backorder.

Cagey

last time I check with them they said they will be in stock on 14th.... dont know if that is true..

I'm debating just placing an order on amazon for an xfx....at least that way I'm waiting in line, as opposed to the "sold out in 27 seconds" syndrome.

ugh. so frustrated with the lack of availability of these.

I ordered the ASUS 5850 from antaresdigital when it was in stock a week ago. I have a shipping confirmation from UPS, so something is getting delivered to my house tomorrow from them. I will take some pics and throw them up when it gets in.

I just called Lili Greene at antaresdigital - she said basically, the ETA is what their vendor tells them (in this case, xfx) but they keep pushing it back.

She said last month, for example, 5850's and 5870's were supposed to show up at the end of the month, and the 5850's did. But the 5870's didn't. XFX just keeps pushing back delivery to online retailers for 5870's :(.

Fry's seems to be getting a small but steady supply of 5800 series cards.

I just went to the Frys store in Concord CA and they had 2 XFX 5850's and 1 5870.

Fry's seems to be getting a small but steady supply of 5800 series cards.

I just went to the Frys store in Concord CA and they had 2 XFX 5850's and 1 5870.

is it still there? if it is I am gonna go down there and grab one right now. no kidding...

is it still there? if it is I am gonna go down there and grab one right now. no kidding...

I don't know if they are still there. I was there at around 11:30am and they were sitting on the shelves. I would call them first and have someone do a stock check for you.

I have a friend who works there and he told me the 5850's had been there for a couple of days. He said the 5870's are selling really quick though.

I don't know if they are still there. I was there at around 11:30am and they were sitting on the shelves. I would call them first and have someone do a stock check for you.

I have a friend who works there and he told me the 5850's had been there for a couple of days. He said the 5870's are selling really quick though.

could you do me a favor and tell him to hold XFX 5870 for me ? XD

I couldn't get there until 6:30PM today..

damn :( at this rate, they wont get as large a jump on nvidia as they'd probably like to

hope that either demand drops a little or they're able to start pumping out more GPU's than they are currently

Newegg has the Sapphire 5870 card in stock right now so if you hurry you may be able to pick one up.

could you do me a favor and tell him to hold XFX 5870 for me ? XD

I couldn't get there until 6:30PM today..

He isn't working right now. I asked him for you and he told me that the 5870 is gone and so is one of the 5850's.

As of 2:30pm (time he got off work) there is one XFX 5850 with a price tag of $319.99.

He isn't working right now. I asked him for you and he told me that the 5870 is gone and so is one of the 5850's.

As of 2:30pm (time he got off work) there is one XFX 5850 with a price tag of $319.99.

awww....

guess I'll just buy the sapphire one...

If you have a local Microcenter, they have them in stock. The one by me has a couple of them on the shelves.

So I recieved my ASUS from antares digital today. Everything look great, however the ASUS box was not sealed, nor was the static packaging for the card. I am installing win7 right now, so hopefully this card wasn't an RMA they are just trying to resell.

So I recieved my ASUS from antares digital today. Everything look great, however the ASUS box was not sealed, nor was the static packaging for the card. I am installing win7 right now, so hopefully this card wasn't an RMA they are just trying to resell.

My Power Color from Newegg was not sealed. I could see where the clear circular pieces of tape were removed. Also the anti-static bag had two pieces of tape. One looked old and removed once. Everything was great with the card though.

i would give them all your money. i would not give them mine. for those of you getting opened cards...yikes man. i'd be on the fence about sending it back with a complaint...but i probably wouldn't because I'm not that patient, most days. my xfx from ncixus was properly sealed and unopened.

My guess this was a case of someone who ordered from like 5 sites hoping to get one and returned this after getting an XFX. Since I never sell my cards I do really care about 2 warranties, and I won't use my card longer then 2 years, so if it works (find out after I install a heatsink) I do not care.

Yeah I wonder how many cards they had. Took about 10 minutes and it looked like they had some 5850's in as well that went just as fast.

Well I managed to get one of the 5870s. Went OOS just after they charged me. I wanted either an XFX or ASUS, so I'm happy.

Back