So is this Big Bang II Eve?

I heard the Big Bang last night.

It was the sound of us all NVIDIA owners getting screwed big time!

I want my SLI multimon NOW!

Jimmy Hoffa, Elvis Presley, and Bigfoot are beta testing them right now....

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9660&Itemid=1

Nvidia plans to launch a new brand and it will simply call it SLI 2. Like the logic implies SLI 2 will be better than SLI and it will actually mean you will have more than one graphic card rendering your graphic and an additional card to do your PhysX.

SLI 2 = SLI + PhysX and this cannot be more simplified. We don’t know when will this launch but the new driver that supports PhysX is finally out so any board with three PCI express slots should be able to cope with this new SLI 2.

This will look good on new boxes but as you can see it’s not anything spectacular. We will keep our eyes on when will this launch.

I wonder if SLI 2 and Big Bang II are one in the same?

I would say more then likely they are, the big bang 2 was probably their code name for it.

Do these drivers increase performance a lot even if you dont use SLI?

Im hoping they fix the issue with using two monitors at once and running games in windowed mode that drops performance by 60% :(

so, anyone heard any news/rumors on this? we're already halfway through october and still nothing out of nvidia about this.

yeah, i'm probably whining -- i've got an sli rig i'm dying to throw at some triple-head FSX action. ;-)

Looks like Nvidia is slipping, I have put off possibly buying a 200 series card to see how these drivers worked out. Must be Oct 09!

Do these drivers increase performance a lot even if you dont use SLI?

Im hoping they fix the issue with using two monitors at once and running games in windowed mode that drops performance by 60% :(

nobody knows they don't exsist....:rolleyes:

I'm guessing that if you've been updating all along to the latest driver releases and betas, the official release Big Bang drivers won't have that much new to you.

I'm guessing that if you've been updating all along to the latest driver releases and betas, the official release Big Bang drivers won't have that much new to you.

In terms of speed and stability, I agree with you. But, multi-monitor SLI is kinda the "big thing" that people nVidia-land have been waiting for for some time and, if it's stable and works, I think it could be a real game changer.

So far from the preview it looks meh, but if the drivers are better and more functionality then thats something. Hell I'd even cheer if the big bang turned out to be the return of the classic control panel.

I had issues installing these 180.10's on my system. Using the modified inf, I could not get it to install at all and had to run Driver Sweeper along with rebooting in order to install any other driver, else it would abort the install.

Does anyone know if its limited to 2 monitors like crossfire?

I'm interested in this as well since I want to run a triple head rig.

edit: as long performance isn't _horrible_, I don't really care about that. It's more important to me to be able to get the multi-monitor up.

No fan control and only for vista 64 so stay away until they are polished. However,

"These 180.10 whopped latest officials butt in Vantage by breaking 12000 GPU points, and gave a total score of P14748.... Thats 700 GPU points better, nicely done..."

I heard that they're only for 9xxx and GT2xx series cards. Can they be hacked for the 8800's?

I'm an .INF hacking n00b, what would I need to do?

I can confirm that the drivers available for download right now require Vista 64bit, a Geforce 9800 GTX or GTX+ or GX2 or a 260 and 280. Nothing lower is supported in this download.

I can confirm that the drivers available for download right now require Vista 64bit, a Geforce 9800 GTX or GTX+ or GX2 or a 260 and 280. Nothing lower is supported in this download.

I saw that too by looking at the .INF. I found that nVnews is linking to a modded .INF that supports down to the 6800's. I might give it a shot since I've got nothing else to do.

I can now confirm that multi-monitor SLI means *dual* monitor SLI.

Here's the screen cap of what happens when you try to add more than two monitors to an SLI group.

This is teh sucks. Anyone got a TripleHead2Go they want to sell?

I can now confirm that multi-monitor SLI means *dual* monitor SLI.

Here's the screen cap of what happens when you try to add more than two monitors to an SLI group.

This is teh sucks. Anyone got a TripleHead2Go they want to sell?

Yeah? Well with a 9800GX2, that's what you get no matter what! The same message about "connect them both to the same GPU" except the video outs are connected to DIFFERENT GPUs by design... GX2 = teh screwed, AGAIN. *kicks self for not waiting for GTX280*

What a joke. Who codenames their drivers after the event that CREATED THE UNIVERSE...when the drivers can't even do what the competitor's does.

Do you still have to reset your overclock and fan control when you enter/exit SLI mode? I have to do this on Vista 64 with Rivatuner 2.11 and 178.13 WHQL.

I don't see the point of multimonitor SLI support if I have to go through and reload my OC and fan profiles anyway.

And by the way, EVGA Precision does not let you control the fan speed on the second card in non-SLI mode.

Yeah? Well with a 9800GX2, that's what you get no matter what! The same message about "connect them both to the same GPU" except the video outs are connected to DIFFERENT GPUs by design... GX2 = teh screwed, AGAIN. *kicks self for not waiting for GTX280*

Can't you use the HDMI and the DVI that are on the same board?

With SLI on, I think the HDMI gets turned off (because with SLI off I see three available ports but with it on I only see one). I'd also need a DVI->HDMI adapter...

Back