So my desk is sagging..

daedal

Gawd
After a few months, I just noticed that the back board was installed upside-down, leaving my desk to sag without proper support. I thought it was just age, but it was assembled ass-backwards... by myself no less. I blame booze, or something.

Anyway, what I wanted to know is if there was a way I could quickly reverse the sagging. I figured I could dis-assemble the board and put some weight on it, but it would take forever to set, wouldn't it. Any ideas, or should I start looking for a new desk?

[EDIT] Oh, it's a cheap desk. I think it's pressed-wood. I'll try to take a picture when I get home if you need it.

soak it with water :D jk though... it will melt b4 your very eye's if you did that lol!

Perhaps bolt/glue (liquid nails or similar)/screw some wood or metal to the underside to pull it into conformity and hold it there?

You could get some metal braces and bolt them to the underside of the desk, although you'd have to make sure that you don't penetrate all the way through the wood (if it's a thin piece, that might be a bit difficult).

1X2 's in a X brace configuration on the back with 2 U posts on the inside of the middle for support. I will not draw a picture.

Anyway you could attach a couple L brackets to the underside of the desk to the backboard?

Depending on the extent of the sagging you could just force it back into place with a support you fix into place.

I had the same problem with a heavy monitor killing my corner desk with no rear support. I just used a scrap piece of PVC pipe I had laying around. Just lid it right underneath to hold it up.

2x4's are cheap. Cut it to length, wedge it under the sagging part of the desk.

Eye bolt in the desk, eye bolt in the ceiling. Enough clothesline to connect the two and not only do you have a desk support.... it will be adjustable!! :D

Back