So whats been the deal with Nvidia driver releases lately?

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
I mean, no drivers with the Homefront release, neither the Crysis 2 beta or the actual game and what about drivers that actually support Call of Duty Black Ops 'Shader Warming' and that has been out since Oct of last year? The closed to something really new has been the leaked Developer drivers 270.32, but they don't include PhysX or 3D support and while performing excellent in some games have been reported as having issues with others. When are we finally see something new with some updated profiles?

Yeah I agree. I have no idea why they are so slow all of a sudden. I think the last WHQL release was Jan 18th??? Pretty rediculous.

It seems they just want you to update your driver with beta versions that come out every couple of days.

There was a beta on march 1st that added DA2, bulletstorm stuff. But the releases have definately slowed down. Maybe they are working on something big (the 590?).

Crysis 2 hasn't been fully released properly yet (no DX11) so perhaps when that comes out properly theyll have drivers that support it better?

Not to mention they apparently don't even bother to check if the fan spins up to speed with temperatures. There's been two drivers in the past few months that have killed cards...very concerning

Nvidia driver software team is in COMPLETE AND UTTER disarray and has been since fermi was released. Something really needs to be done about it at a legal level imo. It's worse now than it was in 2007 with their vista fiasco. The team they have now is no doubt out sourced and clueless as to what they are doing. Frustrating as all hell since their hardware team is second to none in the world.

Not to mention they apparently don't even bother to check if the fan spins up to speed with temperatures. There's been two drivers in the past few months that have killed cards...very concerning

I'm pretty sure that the fan issues are due to a combo of video BIOS, driver. and OS. There have also been the incompatibilty between certain mobo's and nvidia cards most likely due to video BIOS oddities.

They need to get it all under control.

Nvidia driver software team is in COMPLETE AND UTTER disarray and has been since fermi was released. Something really needs to be done about it at a legal level imo. It's worse now than it was in 2007 with their vista fiasco. The team they have now is no doubt out sourced and clueless as to what they are doing. Frustrating as all hell since their hardware team is second to none in the world.

ive had a gtx480 since launch without a single problem.:D

I honestly haven't seen a single issue in drivers.

I had a wierd problem with ocassional crashes in Dead Space2 when I changed from the 263.x to the 266.x , but was quickly fixed by applying the latest beta.

Surround has worked flawlessly since day one, and I've used 260 GTX 285 GTX and now 580 GTX models.

I really never have fan issues because I use Afterburner and either make my own profiles or just set the fan on a constant cycle for gaming.

The only deal lately is with all the releases of cards....550,560Ti,580 and now 590 some drivers are exclusive to a single release and some aren't...you just have to pay attention.

I'm a little surprised about this, too.
There have been several driver betas and leaks in the last 6 weeks, but because of Nvidia refusing to make every driver unified, it becomes quite the hassle to install them. There have been 2 different Dragon Age drivers that have leaked (only "designed" for the 560 cards) some new 270 version drivers that seem to have been for internal testing only, and 2 batches of 590 drivers that are the best things going right now with DA2 and Crysis 2 optimizations.
The next real release is coming the first week in April (supposedly) and my guess is that it'll be a 270 version driver.

As you continue to use Nvidia products in your computer?

I been using 2 480's in SLI surround mode with out issues. All of my main games run without a glitch. I dont mind for them to keep releasing nvidia drivers every quarter as long as I dont have to install all of these seperate driver updates just to find out the last update screws up another game and go back to profile X. As long as they stay away from crap like that Im a happy camper. They can take their time. All curent games running great on my rig.

Whatever happened to the Omega drivers? I used to use those back in the day, he was pretty good at what he did.

They usually come out with new drivers when a new gpu chip is released. Wait until the next release and then you'll see new drivers. When you don't have any new chips released (actual gpus, not video cards) for awhile you will see a slowdown in driver releases.

Complete opposite experience for me. Switched from red to green and could not be happier. Couldn't stand all the problems I was having with ati's drivers. Now with my GTX 560 I have had no problems so far.

New drivers have been out for a few days and another set is comming out the first week of April.

Guys check my sig please thanks. If you don't run SLI with surround or 3DVS then you most likely won't ever have an issue. Get back to me after you are running 3DVS and then tell me how great their drivers are. Trust me, they are a joke for those of us running 3DVS. And yes I still do use their products because I have no choice since ATI doesn't offer 3D and I have loads of money already invested in these cards and monitors. Any more smartass comments?

Guys check my sig please thanks. If you don't run SLI with surround or 3DVS then you most likely won't ever have an issue. Get back to me after you are running 3DVS and then tell me how great their drivers are. Trust me, they are a joke for those of us running 3DVS. And yes I still do use their products because I have no choice since ATI doesn't offer 3D and I have loads of money already invested in these cards and monitors. Any more smartass comments?
NVSurround works fine, must be a 3D thing. 3D seems like a pointless technology to me though, and you can always just play the games in regular Surround, right? So it's not exactly show-stopper bugs here..

yesterday i was having issues with the whql drivers from windows update (~january release) on my hptc. the drivers would crash randomly. updated to the whql ones on the website and so far so good.

yesterday i was having issues with the whql drivers from windows update (~january release) on my hptc. the drivers would crash randomly. updated to the whql ones on the website and so far so good.

The first rule of video drivers is: You do not install video drivers from windows update.

The second rule of video drivers is: You DO NOT install video drivers from windows update. :D

Seriously, always download and install the ATI/Nvidia package.

So...where do you get the 270 drivers? (If it works with GTX 570)

Yes and no depends on the game. JC2 is a slideshow for me in 26x.xx. On 258.96 it ran superb. It runs like ass now but indeed the VAST majority of my gripes and the massive issues with the drivers are on 3DVS. A year later and still the same old crap. Single card, single monitor users will never have a problem with drivers from either camp. Throw in another card and a few more monitors and that's where the issues start to pop up like roaches to a dirty kitchen.

The 270 drivers I got from the Guru3D forums. They give me choppy mouselook in Crysis 2, so I went back to the older betas, 267.85. This morning G3D also posted a 267.91, although I have yet to try 'em out. The 267's have been the best for my GTX570 for sure. They have both the Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 tweaks.

NVSurround works fine, must be a 3D thing. 3D seems like a pointless technology to me though, and you can always just play the games in regular Surround, right? So it's not exactly show-stopper bugs here..

I have to agree entirely, running 3 480's in 2d surround and I'm not having any problems. Then again, I take the time to go through my display settings and optimize the game for my cards.

As to the 270 drivers, I don't see much point using leaked in house betas. I'd use a set I know is stable unless you play a game that isn't supported.

I'd say that right now the 267 series are the way to go. I think Nvidia is in one of those situations where different driver teams are working on different things.
The 270's are clearly unified and feature a new (optional) automatic updater, but lack optimizations that some lower numbered drivers clearly have.
Until they add in the performance boosts from the 267's - I'd steer clear of the 270's.

That 276.91's gave me a fit trying to install them. It seems like they either don't like my 570/250 combo or they don't like being installed on top of 270 version drivers. After finally uninstalling everything and then doing a fresh install they're now on there.

Dragon Age DX11 is definitely running well, and Crysis 2 isn't a chop-fest either. Not sure they're any better than other 267 drivers, but they're no worse.

Are you for real? Tinfoil hat dude? This is the most absurd and ridiculous statement I've yet seen on here, next to spoonys posts. Sue a multi billion corporation because their drivers arent coming fast enough or have not enough tweaked profiles?

Are you for real? Tinfoil hat dude? This is the most absurd and ridiculous statement I've yet seen on here, next to spoonys posts. Sue a multi billion corporation because their drivers arent coming fast enough or have not enough tweaked profiles?

Something remarkably similar to that situation happened with the GTX 4xx series last summer because the boxing advertised working NVSurround and in fact that feature wasn't functional until months after release. Retailers honored returns of the GTX 480 based on that alone. Nvidia does have a responsibility to make sure that their video cards are workinng 'out of the box' as advertised. The state of their bank account has nothing to do with it.

Speaking of more current events. the GTX 590 fiasco is likely going to cost Nvidia. A recall wouldn't surprise me given the alarming rates at which 590s are burning up, even the ones reportedly run at 'stock' voltages. It appears that Nvidia's cooling solution and overvoltage implementation on the video card at the hardware level was inadequate.

A hardware failure is one thing, but come on, even intel put out a bad chipset and got it taken care of. This is ridiculous.

That 276.91's gave me a fit trying to install them. It seems like they either don't like my 570/250 combo or they don't like being installed on top of 270 version drivers. After finally uninstalling everything and then doing a fresh install they're now on there.

Dragon Age DX11 is definitely running well, and Crysis 2 isn't a chop-fest either. Not sure they're any better than other 267 drivers, but they're no worse.
Where did you find these?

There haven't been many certified drivers for all cards admittedly but there have been plenty of drivers if you're willing to get your hands dirty and use modded INFs. I'm currently using the v267.91 drivers, certified only for the GTX 590, on my GTX 580 and they're pretty excellent from what games I've tested them on.

The v267.59 drivers, exclusively for the 550 Ti several weeks ago (anyone spotting a pattern here?), contained optimisations for Dragon Age II under DirectX 11 yet as of 30th March NVIDIA have still not officially released them for all cards. I mean c'mon, NVIDIA, how about actually releasing some unified betas so people don't have to mess around with custom INFs?

Back