So where are 9800GTX price cuts in Europe?

aop

Weaksauce
I just browsed through some Finnish and German webshops and none had price cuts on 9800GTX

HD4850 was as cheap as 140€ but 9800GTX was still way over 200€.

Did Europeans get screwed by NVIDIA or what is the deal here?

I don't think IT companies care about this obscure place called Europe. Microsoft certainly don't, they're trying to selll the XBox and Vista for twice as much as the US price. Wouldn't surprise me if Nvidia ignored us too. Just buy a 4850, they're quite cheap even in euroland ;)

STuff is more expensive in Europe because the insane taxes, not because companies want to make more profit out of Europeans. I'm sure the companies would put similar prices (if not even better) to USA's ones if it wasn't because EU customs and whatnot

As ClearM4 says 4850 >> 9800gtx/gtx+ price/performance wise and most of the times also performance, I'm sure 4850 makes the 9800gtx/+ eat dust in DX10.1

I ordered HD4870 today, takes couple weeks for it to arrive.

STuff is more expensive in Europe because the insane taxes, not because companies want to make more profit out of Europeans. I'm sure the companies would put similar prices (if not even better) to USA's ones if it wasn't because EU customs and whatnot

This is not about that. He is talking about this (price of Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB in Slovakia, at distributor, without VAT, in Slovak korunas) :
pricemw5.jpg

Now compare it with price of HD4850 512MB - 3990 Slovak korunas. 6294 vs 3990 - you don't see the difference in products which should be now priced equally according to NVIDIA ? Isn't the price of HD4850 having same tax and customs as 9800GTX ?

Back