So who here is playing The Saboteur?

WabeWalker

Supreme [H]ardness
Anybody?

I've got my eye on this one for the Christmas holiday. I'm also looking at King Arthur The Role Playing Game, and Modern Warfare 2.

It's fun. I enjoy going after all the perks and screwing around in "freeplay" mode. I've made relatively little progress in the storyline because I've been so distracted by the alternative objectives.

I'm not sure this thing is worth full asking price based on the impressions I'm getting out there. I'm on the fence about getting this.

also apparently the game doesn't work right now with any ATI cards from the 3000, 4000, and new 5000 series, no way I'm gonna spend any money on it. I had my eyes on it in case it was a sleeper hit, but I really wasn't expecting much since Pandemic disappointed me so much with Mercs 2 and hearing about the studio being closed right before the release of the Saboteur didn't really foreshadow well for the game.

Thanks darkhorse, I was about to snap up the downloadable version cheap on EA's Store site but if I can't even run it on my 5870, no go :p .

Oh... my... god...

It's true. The game won't even run on ATI hardware... okay, you know what, that's just lame. Even if you own an Nvidia card (as I do), what does this say about the game?

Uh, maybe this company went out of business for a reason. That's just pathetic.

EA LA is supposedly working on a patch for the game to make it work with ATI cards. Once that patch goes live and they can prove that it fixes shit I might, might pick the game up. It looks pretty fun, but I'm not buying something that doesn't work.

...but I really wasn't expecting much since Pandemic disappointed me so much with Mercs 2 and hearing about the studio being closed right before the release of the Saboteur didn't really foreshadow well for the game.

^^ All that added up tells me to steer clear.

I'll get it once the price drops to $24.95 or less, not worth the $50 asking price for me.

I'll get it once the price drops to $24.95 or less, not worth the $50 asking price for me.

The company that made this game is already out of business and the game doesn't even work for people who own cards made by ATI - am I wrong about this, or does it clearly state on the game box that this game won't work if you own a card made by ATI? I don't believe it says that.

This game should be selling for ten dollars right now - there's no way I'd spend money on this, hearing what I've just heard.

The company that made this game is already out of business and the game doesn't even work for people who own cards made by ATI - am I wrong about this, or does it clearly state on the game box that this game won't work if you own a card made by ATI? I don't believe it says that.

This game should be selling for ten dollars right now - there's no way I'd spend money on this, hearing what I've just heard.

EA moved some employees to EA LA and they're supposed to be working on a patch to fix it. Its not excuse, but its not exactly the first game to come out with major bugs that make it impossible to play on some systems. It doesn't justify how it launched, nor is Pandemic's death an excuse, but as long as they fix it quickly it should be an issue that fades away.

EA moved some employees to EA LA and they're supposed to be working on a patch to fix it. Its not excuse, but its not exactly the first game to come out with major bugs that make it impossible to play on some systems. It doesn't justify how it launched, nor is Pandemic's death an excuse, but as long as they fix it quickly it should be an issue that fades away.

Major bugs!

The game doesn't work with ATI hardware period! That's not a major bug! That's just... I don't even know what the word is... shocking... ludicrous... criminal... again, does it say on the box that this game doesn't work with ATI hardware.

My god if I had bought this game, and I had had an ATI card, I think I'd consider a class action lawsuit.

Major bugs!

The game doesn't work with ATI hardware period! That's not a major bug! That's just... I don't even know what the word is... shocking... ludicrous... criminal... again, does it say on the box that this game doesn't work with ATI hardware.

My god if I had bought this game, and I had had an ATI card, I think I'd consider a class action lawsuit.

I'm not sure what else you can call it besides a major game killing bug. If you can think of a better name for it, please do share. And its not criminal. As long as they're actively trying to fix it there is nothing illegal going on. Supposedly they were working on a patch when the studio was killed, but I don't know about that. I'm not happy with the game not working on a card I own, but thats why I haven't bought it yet. When/if its fixed I'll reconsider that point. Honestly I'm more pissed at Violition right now because RFG still hasn't been patched and it still doesn't work correctly on Windows 7.

I always thought a bug was coding that had an error in it. This business of the game not working on ATI cards doesn't sound like a bug to me - it sounds more like an omission.

I always thought a bug was coding that had an error in it. This business of the game not working on ATI cards doesn't sound like a bug to me - it sounds more like an omission.

It sounds like crap.

It sounds like crap.

Agreed. I can't believe how Pandemic has fallen.

Whelp I won't be picking it up until this mess is sorted out. I could've just as easily been running ATI hardware instead of Nvidia so I can't let this slide.

The game works on my 5870 but the graphics will just freeze randomly during the game but the gameworld will still be playing with the screen frozen. I quit playing till a patch comes out.

What does it say about a developer when they don't even QA the PC product on a single ATI graphics card?

What does it say about gaming in general?

Luckily having a Nvidia card myself, the game is turning out to be pretty fun. I got it as a gift: not sure I'd buy it otherwise.

Got this today and must say this has to be a sleeper game..The only issue I had was the 360 controller acting funky ingame which was solved by connecting the controller after the game launches..Other than that it is a pretty fun game so far..I actually prefer the game in B&W as it has a"Sin City"type feel to it and looks pretty good..

I am - it's pretty boring and it's pretty sloppy in terms of movement and action. If it's one thing that turns me off - its sloppy control and gameplay. Pass unless you get it for 50 cents.

PC Gamer gave this thing an 86 percent and seemed to really like it, lumps and all for whatever that's worth.

I picked this up last month before I got my 5850. Guess once I finish Borderlands, Batman: AA and DiRT2, I'll have to load the ATI patch and give it a try.

Well I'm really looking forward to it now. A couple of reviewers I like and trust have almost... almost, but not quite... raved about it, and for that reason I suspect I'm going to love it. And the idea of a GTA 4 taking place during Nazi occupied Paris - come on, if nothing else, that's refreshing. But the gameplay footage I'm seeing on U-tube looks pretty solid.

And yes that's good news to hear that PC Gamer awarded this game an 86% - I agree with those guys about most of their high scores, although occasionally they give low scores to games that should've been rated higher (Drakensang and Risen, for example). But better to error on the one side rather than the other.

I just finished it. I liked it. I didn't run into any bugs since I don't use an ATI video card.

Had at lot of fun with this game. Solid gameplay in the driving, shooting, and sabotage. If I had to knock the game, it'd be for having only so-so voice actors in a cast that demands distinctive and authentic accents. Some of them are good, so when other voice actors struggle with their material it's pretty obvious.

I just started playing a couple of hours ago. I don't get what some of the outlets were hating on this thing for at all. I've been in scenarios where I've done just about every gameplay element and I have no complaints at all and no glitches, either.

I just started playing a couple of hours ago. I don't get what some of the outlets were hating on this thing for at all. I've been in scenarios where I've done just about every gameplay element and I have no complaints at all and no glitches, either.

So is the game atmospheric?

Absolutely!

The more I play this game the more I'm looking at it the same way I did Risen for its respective genre: A sleeper hit.

I love this game! :)

It was a good swan song for Pandemic.

It's a pretty fun game. Unfortunately it crashes a lot even on nvidia card for me.

Had it on both win7 and windows xp and crashes a ton on both. Have it shelved for the time being until patch I guess.

So why is this game not on Steam, I wonder? I personally don't mind buying from D2D, but some people not only prefer Steam but will only buy from Steam. Is it because the game was published by EA, and because EA is trying its best to resist Steam? Is that it?

So why is this game not on Steam, I wonder? I personally don't mind buying from D2D, but some people not only prefer Steam but will only buy from Steam. Is it because the game was published by EA, and because EA is trying its best to resist Steam? Is that it?

It's part of the reason. EA wants to collect as much revenue as they can from other channels, eventually they may relent and offer it on Steam as well to pick up more sales. They want you to buy it through their channels first, instead of Steam's.

It's part of the reason. EA wants to collect as much revenue as they can from other channels, eventually they may relent and offer it on Steam as well to pick up more sales. They want you to buy it through their channels first, instead of Steam's.

Which is weird because ME2 is going to be on Steam day 1. Dragon Age was as well.

5.7 average user rating on D2D? Hmm. I'm interested enough to want to play this, but I'll wait until it drops well below $50. Thanks to the Steam winter sale I'm good to go for a while. I think it looks like a pretty fun game, though.

5.7 average user rating on D2D? Hmm. I'm interested enough to want to play this, but I'll wait until it drops well below $50. Thanks to the Steam winter sale I'm good to go for a while. I think it looks like a pretty fun game, though.

When this game was first released it didn't work on ATI hardware at all - hence, people gave it low scores.

And honestly, you can't blame them. If it had said on the game box in big bold letters: THIS GAME DOES NOT WORK ON ATI HARDWARE, then it might have been acceptable.

Anyhow, it sounds like it's a pretty good game - and I'm going to buy it after Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Assassin's Creed 2. So in May, I guess.

When this game was first released it didn't work on ATI hardware at all - hence, people gave it low scores.

And honestly, you can't blame them. If it had said on the game box in big bold letters: THIS GAME DOES NOT WORK ON ATI HARDWARE, then it might have been acceptable.

I thought they'd patched that by now but yes, that's unacceptable in any event.

Anyhow, it sounds like it's a pretty good game - and I'm going to buy it after Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Assassin's Creed 2. So in May, I guess.

It is.

I'm glad I'm playing it now. :)

Back