So whos got a Shuttle?

Private_Ops

[H]ard|Gawd
Gonna be gettin one here soon (will post pics when I get it).

Anyone care to post pics of their own?

(I looked over the gallery and didn't really find anything)

**EDIT**

Sry, guys no pics. Dad wanted his camera back, I'll try and update in a few days.

FINALLY got my shuttle (specs in sig). I must say, I LOVE this thing. Yea, it runs a little warm... which I expected. But man, this E7200 is the shit. My FPS in CoH jumped so high it wasn't even funny. God I love this thing, only thing I need now is a better Video card.

Only thing I regret is the damn LED on the front. Damn things like a freakin spot light... IT HURTS TO LOOK AT!!!..... gotta fix it.

It's a little outdated, but I made it my own. The real place to talk about Shuttles, in particular, would be www.sudhian.com forums. They have some fantastic information that they would love to give you.

IMG_0004.jpg

The only Shuttle I own is a KPC; not really planning on buying another Shuttle simply because of their higher price tag compared to MATX but I will probably buy a few more KPCs. :D

I had a Shuttle as my first build. Quite nice but can't remember specs. Cost me $1600 but I sold it quickly for about $1500 when AMD release the 939 socket.

Got a question, newegg has an open box Intel one with the G31 chipset.

Should I be safe for going for an open box? It'd save me a considerable junk of cash since I'm kinda cash strapped.

I have had an sn25p as my main PC for three years that I've pushed about as far as it will go (opteron185, 2GB RAM, 7900gtx, WD Velociraptor HD)

I bought an 8800gt a while back to try and stretch it out a little, but it wouldn't run, so I'm going to pick up an SP35P2 and stick an E8400 and 4GB RAM into it in the next month or so.

I was considering the ATI HD4870 - but they are somewhat loud. This GTX 280 is as quiet as my 8800GTX was in the Shuttle. Fry's finally lowered the price to $499 on the GTX 280's so I picked one up yesterday :cool:

I did have to dremel away some more metal from the front and rear side support frames of the Shuttle (basically making it flush to get the cooler to fit - as it turns out I have only 1-2mm clearance in the front but it fits!!!! I also enlarged the case cover hole as well.

I am getting an IRQ conflict with the BIOS for the card - occassionally when it boots up the GTX 280 is not recognized.

NOTE: I am using a drive bay PSU in the Shuttle to power the x8 PCI connector and the Shuttle PSU to power the x6 plug.

I just ordered the parts to build my first.

I have had this e2160 lying around doing nothing since I bought the e7200 for my main machine a few months ago. I have always wanted a Shuttle system, and since for my purpose, have no need for a powerful platform, the K45 was awfully attractive for the price. I have a spare copy of XP MCE that I'll put on it first for a SD HTPC, but will probably end up playing around with some Linux distros on it. Hopefully I get one with a quiet PSU fan, otherwise, instead of shipping it back, I'll probably purchase a 1U Sparkle PSU to put in it instead. According to others' experiments, the TX2 just fits, sans the fan that comes with it. Hopefully, the 92mm directly behind the heatsink will be enough to keep the e2160 cool. Maybe I'll drop the multiplier down 1 and see how much I can undervolt it.

Shuttle KPC K45-Black Intel Socket T(LGA775) Intel 945GC KPC Barebone - Retail

KINGWIN HDS-201 2.5" & 3.5" Hard Drive Stand - Retail X 2

OCZ Value Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)

Western Digital Scorpio WD800BEVS 80GB 5400 RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - OEM

Antec 761345-75093-6 92mm Case Fan - Retail

COOLER MASTER RR-CCH-L9U1-GP 92mm Hyper TX2 CPU Cooler - Retail

Those Shuttles are pretty cool. I kinda wish I got one of those they look like they are so tiny!

Very sleek look too which I like. Oh well hindsight is 20/20 eh.

Have hade an IDEQ 200N (nForce2 based SFF) and just built my sister a system with the SP35P2. No pics though sorry.

She mentioned it's quiet at idle but gets loud at load.

I use mine as my home server running Server 2008 X64 with a couple external eSATA Drives to backup everything on my networks :cool:

It also serves as a media center to play all my media on my TV, encode all my DVD's and videos, and a few other things
It used to be my DVR also but I've sinec been switched to digital cable and that blew my DVR hopes out of the water :(

IMG_3381.JPG

Back