Socket 478 w/ PCI express??

KingPing

[H]ard|Gawd
Hiya.....a friend is in a bind.....I was cusious is there a mobo with a Socket478---pci-express(for video card)---and DDR400 support in existance??

thanks in advance

there was some, now you can only look for used ones, i have a S478/PCI-E in my computer, specs are in sig if you want to try to look around the net for a used one, it was hard to get ahold of when it was new and didn't stock for very long, there was a asrock model but it was a POS.

Good luck

There were 3 to my knowledge.

The Asrock was a POS.

The Albatron was pretty solid. Average overclocker and decent performance.
I had one. With my 3.4EE in it it could keep up with most "cutting edge" systems at the time. http://www.crowdcontrolusa.com/overclock/shizzy.html

Then there was an Asus model that EVERYONE was after, b/c you could drop a Pentium M in there with the CT-479 adapter and get world record benchmarks AT THE TIME. (obviously this was before Core was released!)

A bunch of people from Xtremesystems.org got together and placed an order for like 30 from Asia, to Europe, then divided them up there and shipped the balance to the USA.

Honestly, for what it would cost you, it's almost better to sell the chip on ebay and then just buy the LGA775 equivalent. P4's of that nature are pretty cheap...should be sub-$100.

Back