sold my soul to the devil

powerade

Gawd
i switched back to fire fox, and will prolly get a 8 gb nano

told my self was always gonna stick with IE / creative , but anyway

when i close firefox completly, y does my new tab button and download manager button dissapear off the tool bar ? gets old havin to re add them each time.... and yes ive updated fire fox

Dejavu.

I swear I read this thread before in the past...................weird.

Oh, uh... dunno, but hears a free TTT. ;)

I never understood why anyone used IE, I just keep it on my system for those random poorly coded websites that don't work in any other browser.

I'd recommend checking out Opera instead of (or as well as) Firefox, personally I find it has a lot of features that make it more than worthwhile.

screw firefox, opera is much smoother, once you install opera there is no going back.

smokinkane said:
screw firefox, opera is much smoother, once you install opera there is no going back.

Err...I went back (to FireFox, that is)

I only have Opera for testing my CSS on it. One primary reason being that I have a FF extension that lets me switch between IE and FF inside a tab; no such widget exists in Opera that I've seen. Seeing as I'm currently forced to use IE-only sites on the intranet, I've got little use for Opera.

I use FF now, with extensions glarore to get it working how I like. I'm a big fan of Opera though, I think Opera works great and is as functional as I would like it to be. It just had too many bugs for me when browsing, mostly lock ups and sometimes the way it rendered pages. But I really liked it. I try each new release for a while to see if it works better, but I always run into some sort of bug that makes it too difficult to use as my default browser. I especially like the way it handles bookmarks and the bookmark toolbar obly shows up when I click the adress bar. Little things like that make me an Opera fan.

That being said, I've added extensions and tweaked the FF interface enough that it works more like Opera for my use :p

smokinkane said:
How so? I got a copy of Opera during their free license give away for their anniversary or something and I uninstalled it after just a few days. FF4L :D

i couldnt get into opera. didnt feel that much lighter or faster than firefox. i liked it, just didnt thrill me.

PopeKevinI said:
Err...I went back (to FireFox, that is)

I only have Opera for testing my CSS on it. One primary reason being that I have a FF extension that lets me switch between IE and FF inside a tab; no such widget exists in Opera that I've seen. Seeing as I'm currently forced to use IE-only sites on the intranet, I've got little use for Opera.

You can use the IE engine in Opera like this. However, the neptune plug-in is a little buggy, but if you're going to have any front end for Trident, Opera would be the best imo ( if the neptune plug-in wasn't so buggy ). So, it's technically possible, but the solution isn't the best.

If you think the Firefox UI is a little heavy like I do, you might like K-Meleon. I think it's pretty cool.

liquidtrance123 said:
Does Opera have AdBlock? because I refuse to surf the web without AdBlock.

Opera doesn't have that. It has a generic content blocker used for testing web pages during development. For example, you might want to test how alternate content of an object element looks by not allowing its data to be downloaded. It is also used for Kiosk mode and blocking dangerous sites or unsafe-for-kids sites.

Opera sounds and looks nice but I gotta have my extensions (adblock along with a few others). :)

Back