Soltek Support??

primea

Supreme [H]ardness
Anybody have the US contact for Soltek motherboard support ... I have a motherboard here that needs to be RMA'd and I can't find any US support ... :mad:

I bought it last year from NewEgg ... so the store warranty has long passed ... or does NewEgg help out ih situations like this?

primea said:
Anybody have the US contact for Soltek motherboard support ... I have a motherboard here that needs to be RMA'd and I can't find any US support ... :mad:

SoltekUSA, the distributor, was squished under NewEgg's heel about a year and a half ago. SoltekUSA got "exclusive" disty rights (to distribute to other disty's) in the states, then Soltek HQ sold direct to NewEgg, causing SoltekUSA to give up. This means there is no official USA contact for Soltek anymore.

As a consequence, you probably got your board from NewEgg, and Soltek provides a 13 month warranty window from the date it sells it to the reseller. If you got the board from the Egg, I'd have them take care of it (they'll give you a 1 year warranty on it). If you got it elsewhere, I'd try contacting the support department in Taiwan, who will be able to help you out with what to do with it. (Sending it back through your dealer, if not Egg, will likely be lots of trouble, as many small and midsized shops have precisely zero pull with any manufacturer... ).

SoltekUSA was one of the best distributors that i've worked with, and I was quite sad to see them go. As a small shop, we were able to compete with the big boys on their products thanks to them.

Thanks for the info Schro ... I was surprised that Soltek is gone in the US ... they were making splash with their gold colored mobos last year ...

I'll just throw it away then ... the DFI NF2s are so cheap, it's not worth to spend the time on this anymore ...

Again thanks for the info ...

primea said:
Thanks for the info Schro ... I was surprised that Soltek is gone in the US ... they were making splash with their gold colored mobos last year ...

I'll just throw it away then ... the DFI NF2s are so cheap, it's not worth to spend the time on this anymore ...

Again thanks for the info ...

They also shipped a VERY nice bag with cloth handles with each motherboard that we received (and an extra dozen or so cuz we asked), and tons of marketing material. I'm still using the Soltek pen that they sent me :p.

I've been very pleased with Shuttle's AN35N Ultra- it may be worth a look for ya.

Back