Some 2007WFP Questions

VGplay

Gawd
We don't have a Costco around here so I'd be ordering from dell.com. My dad has a Dell Perfered Account and orders all his stuff for work from Dell Small Business. I notice you can pick up a 20% off coupon good for Small Business on eBay for a couple of bucks. 20% off the current price of $340 is $68, which I think is a good deal, drops the final price to around $270. I'd still be under $300 after shipping, right?

Then there's Dell Home. There's also some 20% off coupons good fror Dell Home on eBay for a couple of bucks. But if you use a Perfered Account on Dell Home, don't you get free shipping?

It is my understanding that for things bought on Dell Home support is outsourced to India. And support for things bought on Dell Small Business is USA-based. If I recieve a monitor with dead pixels or another defict, which is it usually easier to get a replacement?

Also, though we my be buying the monitor soon (since the price is the lowest it has been in a while) I won't actually open it until Christmas (Since it is a Christmas present and the panel lottery is currently still favored to S-IPS). How long is the window of replacement? If the monitor is bought in the next week or two, but if we don't know if anything is wrong with it until Christmas, will I get trouble trying for a replacement by then?

And finally, are there sometimes price drops on Dell monitors around the holiday season? The monitor would certainly be more apealing to my parents if the price was closer to $300 before the coupon.

Thank you very much.

VGplay said:
We don't have a Costco around here so I'd be ordering from dell.com. My dad has a Dell Perfered Account and orders all his stuff for work from Dell Small Business. I notice you can pick up a 20% off coupon good for Small Business on eBay for a couple of bucks. 20% off the current price of $340 is $68, which I think is a good deal, drops the final price to around $270. I'd still be under $300 after shipping, right?

Then there's Dell Home. There's also some 20% off coupons good fror Dell Home on eBay for a couple of bucks. But if you use a Perfered Account on Dell Home, don't you get free shipping?

It is my understanding that for things bought on Dell Home support is outsourced to India. And support for things bought on Dell Small Business is USA-based. If I recieve a monitor with dead pixels or another defict, which is it usually easier to get a replacement?

Also, though we my be buying the monitor soon (since the price is the lowest it has been in a while) I won't actually open it until Christmas (Since it is a Christmas present and the panel lottery is currently still favored to S-IPS). How long is the window of replacement? If the monitor is bought in the next week or two, but if we don't know if anything is wrong with it until Christmas, will I get trouble trying for a replacement by then?

And finally, are there sometimes price drops on Dell monitors around the holiday season? The monitor would certainly be more apealing to my parents if the price was closer to $300 before the coupon.

Thank you very much.
The $340 price is the current sale price of 15% the base price off from $400. If you used the 20% coupon, it would replace the 15%, not stack with it, meaning your new price is $320. Last time I checked, you will get free shipping with Dell Home regardless of whether you use the Dell Preferred Account (DPA) or not. At the moment, you do get an extra 4% off for using DPA though (http://ecomm.dell.com/dellstore/Pop...e=CFG&s=dhs&l=en&cs=19&c=us&campitem_id=61879 ). So for the free shipping and DPA, Home is the one you want to use if you want maximum savings. Don't forget to add tax and the environmental fee, if applicable.

Pretty much, this is what you're facing:

$399
-20% coupon
-4%
=306.43 + sales tax + applicable state environment fees (for me, it was $8 in California)
free shipping

Good luck.

Thank you very much. I personally think $300 for the monitor is a good price, though my parents might not agree. Also, will I still be good for replacement in December even if I buy this month? If not, maybe I'll try and strike a deal with my parents about getting the monitor now, checking for any dead pixels and PVA but not actually use it until Christmas...

vincentxweb said:
Pretty much, this is what you're facing:

$399
-20% coupon
-4%
=306.43 + sales tax + applicable state environment fees (for me, it was $8 in California)
free shipping

Mean coupon discount always go over DELL discount :confused: I think it will be -15% by DELL and next -20% coupon :rolleyes:

Wait...so the 20% coupon will work in addition to the 15% off? So with the Dell Perfered Account deal the discount is acutally 39% off? Dang.

39% of $399 is not that same as 15% then 20% and next 4% off (count separate). Will be less, but still I have no idea if coupon will work with DELL discount :confused:

From my experience with buying from Dell, percent off discounts do not stack with each other. Meaning, the best you can do is the 20% off discount. That's it. The only exception is the DPA.

This means either:

$399 - 15% sale

OR

$399 - 20% coupon

Not both. The 20% replaces the 15% sale.

On top of that, DPA is an additional 4% off until November 1 when bought online (http://ecomm.dell.com/dellstore/Pop...e=CFG&s=dhs&l=en&cs=19&c=us&campitem_id=61879).

BTW, vgplay, you're making a mathematical error. You can't just add percentages like that (like 20% and 4% off = 24% off). The easiest way to figure it out is $399 x .80 (20% off) x .96 (another 4% off) = 306.43 (or 23.2% off).

Like I listed above, this is the best you can do at the moment as far as I can tell:
$399
-20% coupon
-4%
free shipping

JackTheKnife said:
I have no idea if coupon will work with DELL discount :confused:
Nope. The coupon will replace the Dell sale discount and work on the base price of $399.

VGplay said:
Thank you very much. I personally think $300 for the monitor is a good price, though my parents might not agree. Also, will I still be good for replacement in December even if I buy this month? If not, maybe I'll try and strike a deal with my parents about getting the monitor now, checking for any dead pixels and PVA but not actually use it until Christmas...
No one knows when the S-PVAs are showing up in the US (if it hasn't already). My guess is right now they're shipping the S-IPS monitors in their warehouses before the big wave of S-PVAs come in. The longer you wait, the higher the chance. I'd convince your parents right if I were you.

I order two on 10/16 and received them on 10/18. Boath are WS LG.Philips S-IPS (LM201W01) Rev02. They are shipped from Nevada. What is the most recent revision?

Back