Some 30" Advice Please!

DremoraLord

Weaksauce
I'm new to these forums, and as they seem to be very active and have a bunch of knowledgeable people on, I thought I'd post this question and see if anyone can give me any answers. Here we go:

Basically, I am returning my otherwise lovely HP LP3065 due to a weird backlight fault where the left part of the screen is really noticeable darker than the right side, and the place where I bought it from has none left in stock, so I'm looking for another model. (I live in the UK where 30" monitors are like gold dust :D). I have the option of buying the Samsung 305T or for a bit cheaper, the Hazro HZ30W.

The Hazro HZ30W (http://www.hazro.co.uk/products/hazro_hz30w.html) uses the same panel as the 3007wfp-hc and the LP3065, so it should have similar low input lag and quality that I love about the LP3065, but I'm not so sure about its coating. I have looked at a Dell 3007wfp-hc, and to my mind the coating was extremely sparkly with colour to the sparkle, much more so than the HP LP3065, so I dont know what to expect from the Hazro, which says it uses a 3H Hardcoat anti-glare coating, the same as in the Dell 3007wfp. Basically, I'm asking whether the Dell 3007wfp-hc I saw was faulty (ie. too much coating applied) or whether it really is what all Dell 3007wfp-hcs look like. Has anyone used both of these monitors (3007WFP and the LP3065) and found one coating to look different to the other? If not then I'll order the Hazro as the coating on the LP3065 is fine and after a while the grain just dissappears.

The other option is the Samsung 305T, which apart from its input lag sounds great, and seems to have no coating issues at all, so this could be the better screen for me. Will 30ms be low enough for it to be virtually imperceptible?

If anyone can give me any advice, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance! :)

Bump.. :(

Anyone have anything to add? Just want the pros' and cons' of the 305T or the HZ30W (or any 30" IPS for that matter) weighed up.... :confused:

Back