some concerning temps

Well I just put on dual hr-05 sli on both my nb and sb, and now my temps are bothering me. Everest reports idle temps of 45 on the nb, 35 on the sb, and for whatever reason, my motherboard temp went up to 46! All my settings are the same, however, I have moved around some stuff so that my video card is on the bottom most slot and I guess is blowing hot air up into the sb hr-05. I don't see how that would make the nb so high though, much less the mb temp. Any suggestions on how to lower these (besides reseating both heatsinks, this would be my last resort - i hate taking my mobo out and working with it.) and if these temps are acceptable, should I just leave them? My main concern is the mb temp... it used to hover around the high 20's and low 30's if i remember correctly.

somebody help me out i just exited far cry 2 and my motherboard temp reads 54! nb is 49 and sb is 38.

wtf is the "motherboard" temp anyway?

My motherboards sb runs at 72C, and been going strong for 2 years now. Same story with my friends am2 gigabyte motherboard, I wouldn't worry about it, but thats just me.

WOW 72 on the SB?? I've never heard of a southbridge temp running that high. I assume you're running it at stock voltage..so I can't even imagine what would stress it so much to reach those temps. Then again, we have two completely different setups. Ok, so that is a little bit reassuring.

SO my main question again, what is "motherboard temp" in everest, and what are ways to reduce this temperature?

WOW 72 on the SB?? I've never heard of a southbridge temp running that high. I assume you're running it at stock voltage..so I can't even imagine what would stress it so much to reach those temps. Then again, we have two completely different setups. Ok, so that is a little bit reassuring.

SO my main question again, what is "motherboard temp" in everest, and what are ways to reduce this temperature?

Pretty much, im running at 1150ht, so i increased it by +1. As to reduce the temps, i dont know if you already installed aftermarket heatsinks. I applied as5 to mine and it reduced temps to 70C instead of 75C =/

the motherboard temp sensor is just the ambient temp of the pcb.. has nothing to actually do with the hardware.. basicly just telling you the temp inside your case.. which means either the airflow sucks or your fan setup on your case is wrong or theres hot air being blown on the sensor from one of the heatsinks.. but im going with the first 2 theories..

Back