Some games on X360 stuck in widescreen

alphaone

Gawd
This is a weird one. After searching on hear and google I can't find a real answer. I had my xbox at home over break where it was being used on an hdtv, which worked fine. Now I'm back here at my house and my roommates and i only have a small standard def tv. I popped in Forza 2 and there are black bars on the top and bottom as if it was letterboxed (it never did this before). It's like it's stuck in widescreen mode and I can't do anything to get it out. I tried halo 3 and it worked fine, fullscreen just like normal. From what I could find on the internet it seems this is a bug in the fall update. Anyone know if there's a way to fix it? Apologies if i left out any critical information, I'm in a rush at the moment

Same thing i have with MX vs ATV. It's always wide screen with letterbox, but i figured that was just how it was.

Are you sure the hdtv switch on the VGA plug on the xbox side is set to sdtv and not hdtv?

Not sure if that is the problem just throwing out some ideas.

I coulda sworn forza 2 used to be fullscreen. And yes the output is set to tv not hdtv.

Did you try going into the Xbox settings and changing the screensize from fullscreen to widescreen, and then back again?

Did you try going into the Xbox settings and changing the screensize from fullscreen to widescreen, and then back again?

Indeed I did. Didn't change anything besides making things squished. And yes it's set to fullscreen now. I noticed rainbow six vegas does this now too and I swear it used to be fullscreen.

Back