Some newbie iPhone 3G questions

Hiltonizer

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've been fortunate enough to be provided a company phone, 100% paid including the plan.... even for a long time apple hater, certainly a win.

That said, I still hate everything else apple other than the iPhone... especially iTunes. I've never had a reason to use iTunes prior to getting this phone as i've never had an iPod... and I have some annoying problems the hardcore apple fans at work can't answer... so I turn to the almighty [H]

- I use iTunes between both my laptop and my work PC, and in neither instance have I been able to simply upload an individual song without removing songs that weren't already imported into that install of iTunes. A synch results in removing all songs from the iPhone that aren't imported into iTunes. I've tried adding the song to a special "transfer" playlist and synching ONLY that playlist, and they still get removed. Thoughts?

- Firmware on my iPhone is at the current 2.0.1, but I constantly have to "reboot" it, as it locks up once in a while and doesn't respond to touch manipulation. Opening the Contacts app tends to lock things up for a few minutes from time to time, but then comes back to responsiveness eventually. Thoughts?

- Is there anyway to install flash support for the safari browser? A lot of sites that I would browse from time to time require it to be functional.

- ATT sucks in general compared to Verizon (in the Boston area anyway)... not that I think you guys can help with that, but thought i'd throw it out there :)

You can sync with two or more yes. Check 'Manually transfer music and something' or something like that in any itunes you use. That allows you to drag and drop songs/playlists to the iPhone/iPod

No idea on the firmware, maybe try reinstalling it?

No Flash support, thanks to apple ¬_¬. I belive Flash may have been or is being ported onto jail broken iPhones. Not certain.

You can sync with two or more yes. Check 'Manually transfer music and something' or something like that in any itunes you use. That allows you to drag and drop songs/playlists to the iPhone/iPod

No idea on the firmware, maybe try reinstalling it?

No Flash support, thanks to apple ¬_¬. I belive Flash may have been or is being ported onto jail broken iPhones. Not certain.

thanks for the first post scott. If you could provide a screener or something as to where that manually transfer option is, it would be appreciated. I've gone through the entire interface I think with no luck, and my google-fu is all aboard the fail-boat.

Sure.
itunesjd8.jpg

Under the Summary screen with the iPhone plugged in, check the box 'Manually manage music and videos'. Then on the left drag in your playlists etc.

Back