Some photos from the Peak District

ToiIetDuck

Limp Gawd
I went climbing this weekend with my Uni's Climbing club in the Peak District (vaguely hill area in England with some very good quality limestone & gritstone faces to climb), took the camera along so I thought i'd share a few pics....

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0047.JPG

DSCF0050.JPG

DSCF0060.JPG

1st one is a pretty good climbing-type action shot. Lots of concentration needed I would imagine. 2nd and fourth are horribly underexposed (IMO), though if you were trying to photograph the outline of a rock, it's good. You might be able to play around with PS and brighten it up a bit. Third one is cool for the subject matter but something interesting is happening with the focus. Can't decide if I like it but theh texture of the rock and where the plant is in focus comes through really well. 5th is cool for the rays (sucker for rays), but I would like to see a little more of what it's illuminating.

Cheers.

Cool thanks for the reply -
The 2nd photo i was going for a sillhouette of the shape of the cliff, along with try to ensure the sky wasn't over-exposed, also similar in the 4th picture where I wanted to preserve the sky.
For the third picture when taking it I was looking for a reasonably low DOF, and when it came out I found the effect of the lichen on the rock to be quite interesting.
I see what you mean in the 5th about no 'target', although when playing in PS with that one brightening it up much would destroy the sky so the the illumination on the ground got a little lost.
Cheers for the comments :)

Back