Some Threads are Unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Spectre]

[H] Admin
Staff member
So every now and then I follow a link from the main forum page and it gives me an invalid thread error. I figured it was simply a thread that had been deleted....but today I keep seeing one that is being updated by someone who is saying their threads aren't readable. I was wondering what the deal is? I could figure it out if they all linked to the pay section but this one seems to be in this forum. :confused:

I think the problem is that there are some people who we can't seem to see when they post. One person is Doh-nut. When they make a thread, you can see it in the index page but you can't click on it or see it in the forum page.

tim_m said:
perhaps a link to the thread in question?

I would except all it does is bring up the thread not found error.....so it would be a link to that error page.

Jonsey said:
I think the problem is that there are some people who we can't seem to see when they post. One person is Doh-nut. When they make a thread, you can see it in the index page but you can't click on it or see it in the forum page.

Yeah Doh-nut's thread is what finally convinced to me too ask that it must not just be me who was crazy. However, his/hers isn't the only thread i have seen it with.

The admins can give details (if they choose), but this is a feature of the forum that is working as intended.

Agreed, the forum is functioning properly

lomn75 said:
The admins can give details (if they choose), but this is a feature of the forum that is working as intended.

MajorDomo said:

Ok, just one of those annoying little things. Guess I will have to leave that one up there with where the socks go to........

Is there no way to keep them from showing up on the mainpage though? Just for what is left of my sanities sake?

MajorDomo said:

So what's wrong with Doh-nut's account? He just PM'd me and said he couldn't get a mod to respond to him.

i would think i deserve to be told why my account has been neutered. but no moderator replies to me?

hehe notice it goes from post #9 to post #11. :p This happened to vinnie a while back. He posted every once in a while after it happened but I think he eventually gave up. :D

jpmkm said:
hehe notice it goes from post #9 to post #11. :p This happened to vinnie a while back. He posted every once in a while after it happened but I think he eventually gave up. :D

So it is the subtle way to tell someone to go away? [Decides to stop pushing because he likes it here]

Spectre said:
So it is the subtle way to tell someone to go away? [Decides to stop pushing because he likes it here]

You won't like it when you've been here as long as Doh-nut (2000 or 2001) and you have thousands of posts and lots of time invested in this forum. :(

I've seen this happen to other people too. If I searched for all their posts, the forum found nothing. I could see threads created by them on the main page, but clicking on them brought me to an error.

Zxcs said:
I doubt we'll get an answer from the admin/mods :(
I'd think there's enough context in the thread already. In case there's not...

What amounts to a subtle ban is probably the result of not-so-subtle posting habits.

Now, most of the benefit of the method is that the poster in question doesn't quickly notice, preventing the admins from needing to deal with duplicate accounts, etc. On that note, think we can all drop this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back