Someone confirm this isnt a screenshot

IIRC it's a gameplay shot. It looks like real-time UE3 tech, have you played Gears? Not high enough quality to be pre-rendered. Besides, Epic doesn't have a history in creating high-quality pre-rendered CG.

What you're seeing is depth-of-field and insanely well done normals, among other things.

Actually, now that I remember, I think it's from the UE3 trailer from a couple months ago. Look at the black border that isn't present in the gameplay shots. It's still a close call, imo.

That's definitely a screen shot. I remember that when it came out. It's just been posed and taken with out a HUD, that's all. Real time in-engine footage, though no question about that.

Looks like a screenshot. It may be nicer than actual gameplay because a camera flyby like that only needs to perform well for that scene rather than during high-chaos action, but still, pretty sure that's the engine you're seeing. The depth of field is too neatly and mechanically distributed, an artist would likely apply depth of field at discretion rather than as a strict rule, since concept art's job is to deliver a concept, with mathematical consistency as a secondary pursuit. No need for an artist to fuzz out the rest of that island so strictly,

its a ingame shot for sure, I remember seeing the trailer a few months back and this is not something which can't be achieved with the Unreal 3 engine.

Yes it's a screen shot from the home world of the Necris called Whisper or something like that...

Its in engine for sure. Not a CG movie. Considering the graphics in gears of war, i have no problem believing the graphics will be of that quality on the PC version of UT3.

screenshot, and yes, could easily be in game. UT3 will look better than gow, and that screenie isn't too far off what gow looks like...just higher res and better AA.

Its got to be a render with photoshop touch ups.

Edit: My only confirmation, is if it truly looked that nice you would see a video of it by now.
Edit2: The angle of those ships are way too 2/3's balanced to be a random screen shot, they were hand placed.

Edit2: The angle of those ships are way too 2/3's balanced to be a random screen shot, they were hand placed.
Correct. It is the rule of thirds. This shot is most certainly in-engine, but the game will simply NEVER look as "appealing" as that image.

Its got to be a render with photoshop touch ups.

Edit: My only confirmation, is if it truly looked that nice you would see a video of it by now.

You do realize that companies weed through hundreds, maybe thousands of screenshots just to find shots like these to release to the public... dont you? ;D

I remember this being shown as concept art at the announcement of UT 2007, which we now know as UT3.

It's a screenshot. I'm working on a soon-to-be UT3 mod (here) and know that there are NO pre-rendered movies of any kind in any of Epic's games. I also saw the UT3 presentation at E3, as well as many screenshots, and can confirm that it's what in-game looks like.

I know, it's amazing now, but just wait a couple years, and then we'll all be looking at shots from the next Unreal game, and saying, "UT3 LOOKS LIKE CRAP NOW!!! EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE WAX!!!" :D Remember how it was before UT2003 came out? And now we're like... "*pfff!"

unrealtournament2007200ti3.jpg

hjkjjd8.jpg

It's a screenshot. I'm working on a soon-to-be UT3 mod (here) and know that there are NO pre-rendered movies of any kind in any of Epic's games. I also saw the UT3 presentation at E3, as well as many screenshots, and can confirm that it's what in-game looks like.

I know, it's amazing now, but just wait a couple years, and then we'll all be looking at shots from the next Unreal game, and saying, "UT3 LOOKS LIKE CRAP NOW!!! EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE WAX!!!" :D Remember how it was before UT2003 came out? And now we're like... "*pfff!"

unrealtournament2007200ti3.jpg

hjkjjd8.jpg

I knew it !! :cool: Cant wait to play it,and love the fact that Bioshock uses this tech !

I remember this being shown as concept art at the announcement of UT 2007, which we now know as UT3.

well you remembered wrong, it's a screen shot...though there was concept art released the same day as this screen shot (it was the bio-rifle concept iirc)

well, if you were to look at the full-scale version of these you'd realize the textures closer to you are rather blurry, and there's no antialiasing...

these images are scaled down tons, then compressed making them blurry/artifacty...

oh, and the lense flare... do i even have to say it? :rolleyes:

Back