Someone got a 6800U today!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia will probably be able to get a large performance increase with subsequent driver releases. It has in the past when new generations of cards come out.

Unfortunately, ATI probably wont be able to increase the performance as much since their new cards are based on the same technology they have been using for years. Just double the amount of pipelines and increased pixel shaders by 50%.

Nvidia has a whole new architecture to work with and realize the potential of.

And IF ATI put a tab in their drivers like Nvidia did on there < 60.72 drivers that you can turn off the Trilinear optimizations so you have a trilinear vs trilinear performance you may see much different results.

Anyway, I WISH THE DAMN WHQL'd drivers (with up to 30% increases) would be released already!!

Bad_Boy said:
wow, all out war between "who is right" and "who is right" lol..

my beef is...

why even start a thread like this. somebody gets a peice of hardware and you automatically respond to making a gay thread to flaming him? why dont you go over to their forums and flame him if you dont like his purchase. jesus. grow up.

thats like if i got a intel cpu, and a amd fanboy makes a thread on another forum and says "OMFG BADBOY GOT A INTEL CPU TODAY!!!!!!!" and makes a retarded list on how im satisfied or not.

....its pathetic.

hardly, my personal problem with the 6800 is that it's having problems with games that are and have been out. and i think had he said "it's the greatest card i've had ever." there wouldn't be this big deal. but since he did say he's having problems then that's what this is all about. again, had it been the greatest card ever for 580 dollars people wouldn't be doing all this. but since at 580 dollars he's getting problems people are pointing the stuff out.

Bad_Boy said:
^why stir this unneeded stuff up more?

Why ask why? :D

Seriously though, you really need to relax. I post the obvious and I am an instant FANBOY. How many times does he talk about Far Cry and performance/misrendering? Why can't Nvidia seem to produce a WHQL / FM approved driver out. Why can't Nvidia drivers work correctly on a TWIMTBP major title used at their product release? For god sakes they are talking about PS3.0 on Far Cry but can't get PS2.0 to work. But what pisses me off most is the lack of HDTV support they "said" they had. Now I can't use a NV40 for my HTPC.

Just for the record I own just as many Nvidia cards as ATI (two of each). I will not make my decision on which new generation card I will buy until BOTH are in the retail channel and easily available.

Seriously though, you really need to relax. I post the obvious and I am an instant FANBOY.

You spinned the bottle [as well as everything else] and it pointed to you. Deal.

How many times does he talk about Far Cry and performance/misrendering?

One game. Again, learn to deal. It's not like ATI cards perform every game out their flawlessly.

Why can't Nvidia seem to produce a WHQL / FM approved driver out.

Uh, I dunno, maybe because no cards are out in mass quantity *GASP!* [or any quantity for that matter]. Save your whining for mid to late June; if Nvidia doesn't have WHQL drivers [screw FM] by then you can continue with your ranting. Hell, I'll join you.

Why can't Nvidia drivers work correctly on a TWIMTBP major title used at their product release?

I thought ATI fanboi's prided themselves on not falling for TWIMTBP crap? If you don't put any stock in TWIMTBP, why are you using it as launching pad for yet more whining? Strikes me as hypocritical.

For god sakes they are talking about PS3.0 on Far Cry but can't get PS2.0 to work. But what pisses me off most is the lack of HDTV support they "said" they had. Now I can't use a NV40 for my HTPC.

Point. Although considering this effects a solid 1% of the card buying public...

Just for the record I own just as many Nvidia cards as ATI (two of each). I will not make my decision on which new generation card I will buy until BOTH are in the retail channel and easily available.

Why do people throw up that tag line as some sort of disclaimer? The computer I'm currently using to type this post with is an intel box yet it doesn't stop me from being an AMD fanboy [in fact I've never owned or even USED an AMD cpu]. Amazing concept really, that human beings are capable of being enamored on a object not [yet] in their posession. That's 2 we'll stick in the *GASP!* column.
---------------------

Has anyone noticed that damned thing is running at 450/1.3 on stock air? :eek:

HRslammR said:
hardly, my personal problem with the 6800 is that it's having problems with games that are and have been out..

sarcasm is a bitch to tell on online isnt it? well atleast for you...anyways
so far hes just having problems in far cry. you said games, that would be plurar, no?

have you seen requim99's problem list? he has a 9700...and has more problems than jakup could ever list lol. that card has been out for a while. should all of the problems be fixed by now? nobody is perfect buddy.

him paying 580 for it, is his choice, dont set him on fire and lynch him for it :\

anyways ill shutup, i think vagrant zero said it best :)

MrHappyGoLucky said:
Yes and noticed the 19FPS on Theif3. :rolleyes:

did you even read the thread? wow...you troll.

if you read it you would see that even the x800pro got raped in theif3, its a terrible port. ION STORM fucked it up.

from nvnews:
Arioch said:
The Thief 3 demo runs like crap on my X800 Pro (AMDFX-53 CPU) system - I am 99% sure its because the game is a shitty port.

Bad_Boy said:
did you even read the thread? wow...you troll.

if you read it you would see that even the x800pro got raped in theif3, its a terrible port. ION STORM fucked it up.

from nvnews:

owned! The more this guy posts the more he looks like a retard :cool:

why argue?

I have a radeon 8500 *gasp*

why have i not upgraded? because there are no games out that i cannot play. I f you have that kind of money to spend, spend it. If I had that kind of money to spend i would put it in the bank until such time as i NEED to upgrade my card which seems to be Q4. In fact If i were to buy even a 9500 or a ti4600 i could play the new games (Doom3, HL2) even if i am forced to run at 800x600 to get acceptable frame rates. Do I care about extra features (S.M 3.0, 3dc)? No, it is marketing stuff to get people to buy the cards. Will it 'enhance gamplay' probably some, but the premium? i do not think it is worth it. In fact if S.M. 3.0 is some huge deal then ATI will implemant it in the next generation of cards which will roll out before i buy a new card. Same for Nvidia with ATI features. If either company did not put in what will sell their cards and generate profit then they are a bad buisness. Is Intel not changing it's mind about 64 bit? Woop-de-do

In the end: To each their own

disclaimer: i mean these opinions to be taken with a pinch of salt, they are just that, opinions

sorry bout that brent, but seriously i think he just scours forums just to find the bad things about anything 6800 related. ive seen him on 3 different forums stirring up 'voo doo' about jakup's purchase. :p

lol...oh well. me personally wouldn't mind a lock for this thread ;x

TechHead said:
Guys, no flaming,please.
Don't make me call a mod :p
Damn i remember the days of newbie cheeze. :D

I don't see why this would be a big debate, depending on which company you like, you buy what you buy. As long as your happy, why bother making a big deal about it.

defiant said:
1. Drivers that arent whql'd and arent intended for the public
2. I read the entire thread and did not find one post where he was complaining about his purchase
3. Its already been acknowledged that there are bugs in FarCry that have to do with CRYTEK's patch (are ppl so dim that they cant grasp this concept!?
5. If you read his posts he actually states that he prefers the smoothness offered by the 6800 ultra
6. really? I dont recall any X800 pro scoring 13,770
7. Does anyone really still give a flying fuck about what futuremark has to say?
8. All I can say is try again troll

LOL, good one.

MrHappyGoLucky said:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29518&page=1&pp=15

Make sure you notice a few things about this piece of hardware

1. He is using the latest and hackest 61.11 drivers
2. Very obvious he's not too thrilled (went from a 9800Pro for this)
3. Far Cry bugs o'plenty
4. Notice the major performance hits on the AA and AF
5. He went from 1600x1200 no AA or AF to 1600x1200 2xAA 8xAF. Was it worth it?
6. His wimpy 3DMark score is no better than a X800Pro
7. Did I say that the 61.11 drivers are not FM approved?
8. All I can say is WOW

Man, now for $580.00 big ones (employee purchase price), you would expect a whole lot more!

RickCain why are you posting this crap again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back