Something is going bad...

Iconz

Gawd
I want to try and stop this problem before it happens...

On the setup in my sig. I've had some evolving problems in the last couple of days. First, my comp would power up, but the monitor would not, so I hit the "reset" button and it worked fine. The next day, it did the same thing, but when the monitor turned on, it seemed as though the video card was artifacting/pixelating heavily (in 2D mode). I removed the monitor plug, reconnected it and no more vid. problems. I also checked all of the other connections, and now I can get it to power up, but I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds, and it slowly winds up. Any suggestions as to what is going bad?

I won't rule out the PSU, but before anyone asks, I have this PS , and Enlight 420W that is less than 2 months old, and has worked like a charm w/ good rails, etc.:confused:

try using someone elses vid card and PSU if you can. thats a decent PSU but shit happens and you can get bum ones...

Yep, even Antecs and PC Power & Cooling PSUs have the possibility of going bad. It does sound to me like a dying PSU.

Enlight's (who OEM's Tt's supplies, I believe) are hella good supplies, but of course anyone can have a bum unit once in a while. Failures within the first 90 days are probably one of the more common failure modes in modern hardware.

FWIW - I've screwed together about a hundred Enlight 7237 cases over the last three years, all with Enlight 350 / 360 watt supplies. Not one has kicked the bucket yet.....

Good Luck - B.B.S.

Maybe I should ride this one out a little longer, see if anything becomes more obvious and I can isolate it to just one thing? What about backing down my CPU OC for a week or so too and see what happens w/ everything stock? Or does anyone think that this is clearly a PSU problem?

Originally posted by Iconz
What about backing down my CPU OC for a week or so too and see what happens w/ everything stock?
...first thing i'd try, though if the problem goes away, it doesn't rule out the PSU as the cause.

B.B.S.

Back