Songbird

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
http://getsongbird.com/

Saw this on lifehacker earlier today and I must say its quite awesome. Open source music player with add ons like firefox. You can even browse the web through it. Built in last-FM support, concert search tool, and mashTape. Still a bit quirky but overall solid. A nice replacement for foobar 2000. Looks awesome with some add ons to :D

SB.jpg

I used it for a bit, but it still has a lot of the same hangups that I did with other players. I am a long time foobar user, and the inability to choose how I want the playlists sorted, was a deal breaker. (Album Artist Alphabetically - Album Year - Album Alphabetically - Song Number.... I'm not just referring to clicking on a single item and having it sort... this is ESPECIALLY bad for multi-album artist albums... it drives me insane when they are split up because they are different...)
Currently I'm using a 'beta' version of Cog. Keep in mind I made the Mac switch so that's the reason why I'm not using Foobar still... if there was a Foobar Mac version I'd be all over it.

Back