Sony 19" LCD (HS95B) for $299 (Reg $499) at Fry's AR

Unfortunately it has a 16ms response time. From what I've read it's no good for gaming. Will have to wait for 8ms or projector deal.

is this the same analog only model Circuit City was hawking on Black Friday?

Check their math on that offer... if the "instant gift rebate" really is $150, this monitor should be $199.00 AR.

grounded said:
Check their math on that offer... if the "instant gift rebate" really is $150, this monitor should be $199.00 AR.

Good eye 499.00 -150.00 = 449.00 :confused:

I know this is really oftopic, but not really....

Have you all forgotten about Sony's Rootkit fiasco and how Kyle (or someone on the frontpage said) it would be a damn fine idea to boycott sony? Just throwing that in becuase there are plenty other less "scandelous" LCDs to choose from

Officedepot.com had/has a similiar deal for the same monitor ($179 AR and coupons), but they appear to be sold out now with backorders not taken.

Brian Elfert

RooK said:
I know this is really oftopic, but not really....

Have you all forgotten about Sony's Rootkit fiasco and how Kyle (or someone on the frontpage said) it would be a damn fine idea to boycott sony? Just throwing that in becuase there are plenty other less "scandelous" LCDs to choose from

Thats a Valid Point.

grounded said:

The ad for phoenix shows a $50 instant gift rebate.

jonjon0nline said:
For $199 I'll be picking one of these up. It's probably a typo though.

i just checked the papers (under business for sjm) and its $50 not $150 so the total IS $299
not too shabby but i have no clue on its performance :p

how is an LCD "scandelous" ?? i don't think its worth boycotting a good deal unless like... everyone in USA joins in on the boycott =/

yeah, i agree with the principle, but boycotts dont work. sony wont even notice. even so, i refuse to shop at walmart. not to hurt them, but because i dont want to give my money to them. sort of like a personal boycott to make myself feel better i suppose.

I don't think this monitor is worth $299. It is an analog only 19" with so-so performance. I think you could find better deals unless you really want the Sony name.

I bought a Dell 19" analog/digital yesterday for $269 plus tax shipped. XPBargains.com has a coupon code for 20% off this monitor. The additional $50 off coupon expired yesterday.

I tried to buy the Sony at Office Depot for $179.99, but they sold out and won't backorder. It looks like Sony is dumping this model.

Brian Elfert

santaliqueur said:
yeah, i agree with the principle, but boycotts dont work. sony wont even notice. even so, i refuse to shop at walmart. not to hurt them, but because i dont want to give my money to them. sort of like a personal boycott to make myself feel better i suppose.

I know they won't work, but even so, they won't get my business, and a couple of people that didn't know about this are not buying sony products this year. And I don't give my money to walmart that often either :))

8lack8rain said:
Unfortunately it has a 16ms response time. From what I've read it's no good for gaming. Will have to wait for 8ms or projector deal.

I've got a 25mS Samsung 17" LCD, and I haven't had any issues playing Quake 4, Half Life 2, and Call of Duty 2. I play mainly online. Those games look beautiful and I can't notice any difference between my old CRT and LCD, except my LCD looks crisper.

ZMAN

8lack8rain said:

Not to be rude, but are you speaking from experience or hype? Because I have a Hitachi 17" 16ms screen and haven't had any issues at all over the years. (Was one of the first 16ms screens a few years back) Have used it with analog and digital connections, both of which work fine. Besides, some of those mind-blowing response times aren't the whole truth... so one must be careful to seperate fact from fiction. :)

Regards,
fastgeek

i really like the looks of the sony lcd. It has a nice frame style and i like the crystal clear screen...i believe NEC has that type of screen as well, but their style isn't that hot.

Back