Sony Cybershot DSCP200/R 7.2MP Digital Camera 3x Optical Zoom (Red) $199 shipped

Loai

Bad Trader
Amazon has the Sony Cybershot DSCP200/R 7.2MP Digital Camera 3x Optical Zoom for $199. - Ripped from Slickdeals..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow...that's at least $150 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen it. I'm still running on a Fuji 3MP 6x Optical....I feel almost stupid not going for this >.>...but do I really need it?

Boned...tried adding it to my cart and said it's not available from that store anymore. Went to their Amazon store and sure enough it's not listed. Good bet they screwed up the pricing on it and have figured it out :*(....darn it all, I was gonna get one too.

Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Subtotal of Items: $199.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
------
Total for this Order: $199.00

Shipping estimate for these items: March 31, 2005 - March 31, 2005 1 "Sony Cybershot DSCP200/R 7.2MP Digital Camera 3x Optical Zoom (Red)"
Electronics; $199.00

--------------------------------------------

Do not fear my brothers, I kept hitting "Move to cart" from the saved for later section, and it finally went through :)...perhaps they updated their inventory, or the ONE on hold was canceled, but I supposedly just bought a $200 Sony 7.2MP Cybershot! w00t!

So keep trying, with any luck this is a real [H] deal and not a mistake on their part.

While poking through their site I noticed the most recent feedback on them from 3/29 (today) was from someone ordering this exact camera, and being told by Ritz that there was a problem with his order and that they were sending him a different camera instead. I haven't received anything from them yet, so it might just be him, but we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Sony Cybershot DSCP200/R 7.2MP Digital Camera 3x Optical Zoom (Red)
Other products by Sony
Choose:

Sony Cybershot DSCP200/R 7.2MP Digital Camera 3x Optical Zoom (Red)
Customer image from Sam Clark
Customer image from S. Factor
Customer image from R. Mercer

See 5 customer images
Share your own customer images
List Price: $429.95
Price: $399.95
You Save: $30.00 ( 7%)

Yeah, I figured they'd take it down once they realized it. I still haven't gotten a cancelation email or anything from them about it, but I expect I'll see it sometime today :(...oh well

Fore is 100% correct. That's exactly what I plan on doing with it. :rolleyes:

I just need to replace my Fuji Finepix 3800...it's decent enough, but the clarity is lacking somewhat and it's way bigger than I like to carry around.

Well, if you read Anandtech you'll see that tracking your order through www.ritzcamera.com shows that they're actually sending out Sony S40s, not the DSCP200s advertised on Amazon.com. They say they're cancelling all of the orders sometime today that were made for $200, but to be safe I used their livechat to get a rep to do it for me.

Nice try on our part, but I believe this is pretty much dead :(

According to Ritz, Amazon's system linked to the wrong item on their servers, thus mucking up the price. When you added it to your cart on Amazon, what was transmitted to Ritz was a totally different item (Sony S40), so they didn't realize it at first. They have no and have obviously fixed it, and are supposedly cancelling all of the orders, but a few people seemed to have slipped through.

Back